Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 02-03-2019, 06:13 PM   #221
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

292 isn't much. It's the lowest edition on anything I've seen. Weta's Treebeard was 333 and sold out in 45 minutes. 100 would be far too low.
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 07:25 PM   #222
Vader
Ghost

I think if 292 included the separate A and B sets, that would be fine. who knows though.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:26 PM   #223
Pudsley
Doh!

Received my Rexy (Roberta), slightly more brown than some of them here, certainly not as green as one or two of the examples, if lit in natural light it actually looks brown, in white light it looks green with a little brown.

All in all it's an amasing piece that you have to see in person to really appreciate, some might not be happy with it even then but I think most will. Fairly certain there has not been a better example of the JP Rex yet and I've looked around a lot, maybe the Prime 1 Statue can steal the title.

Regarding the eyes, I was most worried about them as images did look cartoony, but after seeing it in person I'm actually quite impressed with them, glossy so they do look fairly real. Actually bemused as to how they got the tiny details in the eye.

It has tiny black veins around the pupil and tiny red veins at the rear of the eye near the socket, I'd have to do that kind of work with a pin not that I'm capable of such fine work. That being said I am not sure the off white yellow was the right choice for the eyes. It's hard to tell in the movie when Lex shines the torch in the Rex's eye in the '93 movie and I can see why they when with this colour but personally it seems to me like a more translucent yellow/green over white like a cat's eye would have worked better.

Those getting the full set are in for a treat, frankly I can't justify the space for the full set even after thinking long and hard about it.

Content with Rexy, Grant, Malcolm and the 1:10 Attack Raptor for my own little JP homage display.

Again, I'd kill for a 1:10 Spinosaurus.
Pudsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:53 PM   #224
Pudsley
Doh!

In Regular warm lighting...

Flash from phone...

Closeup of head...

Eyeball (not great but best I can do with camera on phone).

Old 02-04-2019, 08:04 PM   #225
Pudsley
Doh!

I'm fairly new to collecting in general, only collected occasional pieces.

I wonder if in say another 3 years time when it's The Lost World's 25th Anniversary they will release some new collectables?

Certainly would like a Pete Postlethwaite as Roland Tembo, 1:10. great actor, great character.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:55 PM   #226
Vader
Ghost

does it have a substantial presence?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:01 PM   #227
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I'm doing a wash on this when I get it, just like I did with my Chronicle bust. The colors are too basic and lifeless.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:32 PM   #228
Pudsley
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjszar View Post
I'm doing a wash on this when I get it, just like I did with my Chronicle bust. The colors are too basic and lifeless.
Will be interested to see how it turns out.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:35 PM   #229
Pudsley
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
does it have a substantial presence?
It does, I would say the more I look at it the more I feel rjszar is correct, the colours are too bland.

Maybe I'll be able to do something with them but the display I have setup for it is not going to be overlit, I want to keep it somewhat darker similar to the movie scene. even looking at LED lighting the flares of Grant and Malcolm.

So chances are I won't need to repaint it.

Regardles the statue itself is the best I've seen in one of the best scales. I can't say the Chronicle Rotunda paint scheme is grabbing me, feels it a little too cartoony from close up shots I've seen, will keep an eye on that one.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:11 PM   #230
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Colours are absolutely fine for me. Unpacked this beauty today and over the moon.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote