Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-15-2019, 03:22 PM   #311
fenixjt
Fantastic Four

I am curious what is going on with this as well. I have mine pre-ordered, waiting for it to ship. I've asked my retailer and all I have been told is that, 'the capes are being inspected' and will let me know when it's available. Obviously customers are getting these in hand... so I am not sure if and when I will get mine in and if XM is actually doing something about it.
fenixjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:52 PM   #312
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

They prob are trying to make sure the remaining statues go out protected from breaking . They have a s—t show on their hands with this one
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 10:13 PM   #313
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Is the bottom where all breaks occurred separate from upper torso? Curious to see how this one will be handled
Correct they're separate pieces...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 06:57 AM   #314
sparda
The Avengers

Talked with Bryan and XM is aware of the problem but are waiting for more definitive numbers before they issue a statement. But hey are looking in to this, so that's very good news!
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 08:18 AM   #315
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
Talked with Bryan and XM is aware of the problem but are waiting for more definitive numbers before they issue a statement. But hey are looking in to this, so that's very good news!
+1
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:33 AM   #316
swim
Birdman

Mine arrived broken as well.
swim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 01:44 PM   #317
built2shred
Phoenix

I think what's really frustrating is XM caught the problem early on after the first batch but they obviously didn't bother to test their solution, they just threw in two extra foam pieces and hoped it would work...

That's why I keep saying I think XM is biting off more then they can chew, I think they are producing way to many statues which pressures them to make quick on the fly last second changes without letting customers know and not check/test QC issues with the packaging... they don't have the proper time because they have to move onto the next statue...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 03:00 PM   #318
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

They release pieces very slowly so I don’t think it’s volume at all. It’s a design flaw where the angle of that sculpted cloth and how thin it is , unfortunately it was destined to break
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 03:35 PM   #319
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEIRDO 1 SHINOB View Post
It is a hard situation for those who bought this piece through a third party to get any money back on this item. Built2shred listed some very good points.....

Out of curiosity I sent a message directly to XM about the issue, basically I just got a boiler plate response saying to fill out a form.... You have 4 options.

Bought it from an official XM retailer (within licensed area) - They will take care of the issue for you.

Bought it directly from XM website, XM will take care of any issue for you.

Bought it from a private seller (someone who buys it for you in Singapore and then ships it to you).. XM views this like buying an item on Ebay, so your only recourse is dealing with the seller, the original buyer will have to contact XM for a replacement and then you'll have to discuss the shipping costs with them.

You can pay XM to fix your problem (any country) and they will fix or replace the part for you. But again you have to pay them for the service of fixing it and shipping it to you.

In the response XM didn't mention anything about the issue they have with boxing that part that keeps breaking on people... Basically they're pulling a SS standard response. Never admit anything

Anyways that's the risk you take with buying grey market statues. If your going to buy them, I would get them from Speculative Fiction since he takes care of his customers... anyone else and It can be a gamble.

They also mentioned they make replacement parts in their workshop and not the factory... and since it's from scratch it can take several months for a replacement.
This has always been the rules of buying xm or any company. Looks fair enough since aftermarket buys must be the responsibility of the reseller not xm.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 03:37 PM   #320
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrick View Post
I never worried about breakages, unless it was major, but broken pieces of capes doesn't phase me. I may the only collector of my kind, but when I get a broken piece, I just glue it back or modify on my own. I'm just weird like that. I just finished breaking apart XM hulkbuster's base and chiseled away the rock base that was taking space. Call me crazy!
I wished everyone was like you. The market would be such a nicer place.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote