Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 11-05-2017, 01:23 PM   #101
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Don't forget

You must come back to the website on Nov 7th 2017, log into your account and VALIDATE your order to confirm your Day One edition.
I ordered the Blind Exclusive so do I have to come back on Nov 7th as well to claim a Day One Edition? Where on the site do we verify our Day One? I want to make sure I am locked in for a Day One since I ordered Blind on the real Day One. lol.. Thanks for any info!
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 01:32 PM   #102
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
I think it's because a lot of their stuff is made to look like the video game / anime so sometimes there are less textures (I like it that way).
Nintendo, after it lost a lot of its more serious titles to Sony, became known as the console for kiddies. They still havent completely erased that stigma.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 01:36 PM   #103
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
I ordered the Blind Exclusive so do I have to come back on Nov 7th as well to claim a Day One Edition? Where on the site do we verify our Day One? I want to make sure I am locked in for a Day One since I ordered Blind on the real Day One. Thanks for any info!
Theres a validation countdown timer on the Bowser product page now. I think theres supposed to be a validation button somewhere in your order page when it goes live
Old 11-05-2017, 01:49 PM   #104
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
I'm considering POing Bowser but how's the quality of their pieces? He looks nice but I'm concerned he'll feel and look like plastic.

Edit: So it appears to weight over 40 lbs. So no plastic it would appear...
Their Quality is AMAZING!!!!! Their Statues are top notch and in their videos are the actual Production Runs of what the finished product will most likely look like unless a few changes are made along the way to improve the overall quality.

F4F statues are always improving and looking to set new standards in the statue community. They have the best fan club where the actual Owner you can ask qustions in their live feeds. No other company is as interactive to their customers and listens to suggestions to give the fans what they really want from a specific piece.

Even F4F PVC line which is seperate from their Polystone-resin statues are superioer quality and items like the new Zelda BOW or the Banjo Kazooie PVC models both look and feel like a statue and even hard to tell those are PVC...

You have nothing to worry about when it cones to rhis Bowser because this is right up F4F’s expertise’s in creatong astonishing Nintendo statues!

They also have an improved technique for adding more detailed textures to skin and if you see Bowsers reptilian like skin it looks great! This will look like Bowser jumped out your TV and Is Ready to take you on to save the Princess.... This will be hands down the best Bowser merchandise ever created in any market!

If you are a Nintendo and Bowser fan as well as Suoer Mario then I recommend getting this because after market prices barely ever go under retail unless you get super lucky. But I see most that get this wont sell it ever unless some kind of life emergency forces them to.

Just so you know some companies have really mastered PVC as well and even though you say you dont want something to be plastic and it goves it a cheap feel then try to tell that to a comlany like Enterbay or Blitzway. I was once like you where I thought automatically of it was made from plastic then it’s considered cheap, but what changed my mind that PVC could actually even look as good as a resin statue was when I bought the HD Bruce Lee Enter the Dragon from Enterbay. If no one told you it was PVC it be very hard for you to determine it was PVX by just looking at it.

Even the feel and weight is good on the Bruce Lee and maybe if you were really a centimeteter away manhandling it then yes maybe you would tell its PVC, but my point is just because slmething might be made with PVC as a collectible does not mean it should be considered cheap. Of course the production is cheaper sknce its a cheaper material but the art work and craftsmanship that still goes into a piece gives the PVC piece a good quality and should not be considered cheap looking.

Hot Toys Portraits do not look like plastic and the results are usually stunning. They can work on their bodies though like Harley Quinn shouldve had her ball joints hidden like what they did with Thors seamless elbows.

Anyway, Bowser is made in high quality Poly so their will be some heft to him.
Old 11-05-2017, 02:13 PM   #105
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
Theres a validation countdown timer on the Bowser product page now. I think theres supposed to be a validation button somewhere in your order page when it goes live

Thanks. So Blind Pre Orders have to verify as well for a Day One, is that correct?
Old 11-05-2017, 03:05 PM   #106
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
Thanks. So Blind Pre Orders have to verify as well for a Day One, is that correct?
yep, everybody who clicked the order button on this at one time or another needs to validate on Tuesday for a low number.

Your order is already set, you wont lose it. This is just for the edition number.
Old 11-05-2017, 04:22 PM   #107
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
yep, everybody who clicked the order button on this at one time or another needs to validate on Tuesday for a low number.

Your order is already set, you wont lose it. This is just for the edition number.
Thanks for all the info... The clock they are showing do you think it is acurate that when the time runs out it will be live exactly at that time?
Old 11-05-2017, 04:58 PM   #108
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Interesting thanks for the info guys. Part of my hesitance as well is I did PO the sonic 25th anniversary statue and they said they'd lock down the ES after 2 weeks (June 2017) but now we're in November and still no ES has been revealed...

What gives? Do they just keep adding on from the waitlist? Is it that hard to update their PO page? Or reveal the number?

Do they're ES's usually go really high?
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 05:13 PM   #109
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Usually have lower ESs. Their interest polls usually shoot for 400-600 buyers if that tells you anything. You can also scroll through the past releases on their site.
Old 11-05-2017, 07:38 PM   #110
Gannon
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
Interesting thanks for the info guys. Part of my hesitance as well is I did PO the sonic 25th anniversary statue and they said they'd lock down the ES after 2 weeks (June 2017) but now we're in November and still no ES has been revealed...

What gives? Do they just keep adding on from the waitlist? Is it that hard to update their PO page? Or reveal the number?

Do they're ES's usually go really high?
Sonic ES was announced a few months back on their live stream. About 875 off the top of my head.
Gannon is online now   Reply With Quote