Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-10-2019, 06:05 AM   #121
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by vKevinnn View Post
I ordered instantly from prime 1, I looked at the price again and realized it’s $100 more than on sideshow. I guess they’re doing that now with some of the prime 1 releases to compensate for the $4 shipping they charge so they don’t lose money shipping these large items. It’s still cheaper for me though if sideshow charges more than $50 to ship this item.
$4 shipping? really?
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:52 AM   #122
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

The dude must be renting an apartment above the factory to get $4 shipping - or he missed two 00's after the 4
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:10 AM   #123
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Pics by Kelvin Loke.

No nothing of the character but love this statue.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 09:20 PM   #124
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Finally managed to see this movie! Knew nothing of her previous. Pre-ordered the deluxe after the movie lol! The wait begins 2020!
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 09:51 PM   #125
ZenAmako
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
$4 shipping? really?
I think they mean BBTS, where the Alita statues are $784.99 (for the regular) and $1,099.99 (for the deluxe), but shipping is $4.00. Due to this markup at BBTS (a first for a Prime 1 piece? The others don't appear to be marked up over Sideshow) it may be cheaper to order from Sideshow and pay what they charge for shipping.
ZenAmako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 12:08 AM   #126
NuSoard
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Just got back from seeing the movie in 3D. Pretty great! Sure, some lines of dialogue are cheesy, but overall, I loved it. Amazing portrayal of Alita and her world. CG Alita should be used as a virtual celebrity and cast in other, unrelated movies. Yes, she was that good. She was stunning.

One thing I don't get, though: even in the movie, when she has this body, her "skin" sometimes covers her upper shoulders, then sometimes doesn't. Either there's meant to be some kind of mechanism at work there, or they just forgot to change it. They might as well have left her shoulders on this statue as they were before, not that it looks bad per se.
NuSoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:20 AM   #127
Gokanma
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

The true Alita is a lot more svelte than this figure but then, this is a statue of the movie actress so not fair to compare. Would be nice for a statue to be made of the manga Alita down the track. Still getting this DX though.
Gokanma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 04:22 AM   #128
vKevinnn
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenAmako View Post
I think they mean BBTS, where the Alita statues are $784.99 (for the regular) and $1,099.99 (for the deluxe), but shipping is $4.00. Due to this markup at BBTS (a first for a Prime 1 piece? The others don't appear to be marked up over Sideshow) it may be cheaper to order from Sideshow and pay what they charge for shipping.
Yes I was actually referreing to bbts, and I did notice some other statues had markups although not all, which is interesting. I calculated even with the 5% rewards from sideshow and assuming the shipping is greater than $50 to California it is cheaper for me to order from bbts pay the markup and $4 shipping.
Also I watched the movie! Avoid reviews until you’ve seen it! I’m going back on Sunday to watch it again!
vKevinnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 03:16 PM   #129
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuSoard View Post
I don't know if I can ever call $1k a "good deal", except to say that it's a good deal of money! Still, I agree. Personally, I'm leaning toward the regular. It includes my favored portrait, though the extra stuff is lovely, and I was prepared to spend over $1600 if she had been 1/3...
I had assumed it was 1/3 this whole time based on the price I saw for the deluxe version. The price baffles me for 1/4 scale. They must be seeing a lot of value in that base... There have been 1/3 pieces with similar portrait/accessory change-outs for close to the same price (or the same price a few years ago). I know there is more going on in that base than the Arkham bases, but geeze....
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 04:59 PM   #130
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I had assumed it was 1/3 this whole time based on the price I saw for the deluxe version. The price baffles me for 1/4 scale. They must be seeing a lot of value in that base... There have been 1/3 pieces with similar portrait/accessory change-outs for close to the same price (or the same price a few years ago). I know there is more going on in that base than the Arkham bases, but geeze....
That may have been the price in years past, but it’s pretty obvious that the standard price for any new Prime 1 1/3 scale starts at $1,099.00 USD for the regular, with Deluxe/Ultimate versions $2-300 USD on top.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote