Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 11-04-2014, 01:24 AM   #411
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

I received mine late last week and unboxed it over the weekend. The paint apps on mine are clean with no slop but I do agree that the ashy pale skin color is not acceptable. I am looking into having mine repainted along with a few areas on the base and the shield and helmet. I love the sculpt too much to send it back for a refund but the factory paint apps in general are too muted and just don't measure up to the prototype.

Sorry to read that yours came with so many paint app problems, Sledge. It almost seems like yours was a reject that got sent out by mistake. Hopefully you can find someone to repaint it four you. Good luck!
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:36 AM   #412
Quarantine Studio
Producer
Producer

We have read all the comments and critics concerning the paint application from the factory. The paint master, which was painted by William Paquet, was a conscious effort on our part to get away from what we felt was the same ole Conan. This Conan was older, wiser and not suntan. We felt that he should be more European looking with lighter skin tones. The paint master samples, we received from the factory mimicked this application as close as possible and was approved for mass production. Conan arrived here and was shipped to the wholesalers, distributors and direct order customers. Since then, we have had zero emails come into our customer service email info@quarantinestudio.com, out of the 260 units produced. The easiest ways to solve a problem or ask a question, is to contact any company direct. We at Quarantine Studio value each and every customer that purchases one of our products,
Paul Conner
CEO
Old 11-04-2014, 03:42 PM   #413
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

The skin tone on mine was fine, he definitely is pinkish in skin tone other it seems haven't been as lucky.

I was more concerned about paint details being left out. It makes no odds now because i have put those details in myself but a lot of people won't do it.

I'm glad you have responded and if you have had zero complaints via e-mail then i guess people aren't as bothered as they have made out.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 06:58 PM   #414
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantine Studio View Post
We have read all the comments and critics concerning the paint application from the factory. The paint master, which was painted by William Paquet, was a conscious effort on our part to get away from what we felt was the same ole Conan. This Conan was older, wiser and not suntan. We felt that he should be more European looking with lighter skin tones. The paint master samples, we received from the factory mimicked this application as close as possible and was approved for mass production. Conan arrived here and was shipped to the wholesalers, distributors and direct order customers. Since then, we have had zero emails come into our customer service email info@quarantinestudio.com, out of the 260 units produced. The easiest ways to solve a problem or ask a question, is to contact any company direct. We at Quarantine Studio value each and every customer that purchases one of our products,
Paul Conner
CEO
I have the utmost respect for Wm Paquet and if this was his vision for the piece then I will leave it as is.

I was thinking of having the skin tone redone and maybe touch up a few things but really the more I look at it and take the explanation in to consideration the less I am inclined to change it.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 12:26 AM   #415
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:02 AM   #416
Quarantine Studio
Producer
Producer

Sledgehammer

Please pm me the email you sent to our customer service email and also pictures of said statue defects. We have looked through our emails and have no complaint on file, from any of our Australian orders. Maybe a Dingo ate the email?

We will gladly offer you the same deal as we did Henry.

Wolf Brother(Henry) is a member on this forum and was apart of our response "We have read all the comments and critics concerning the paint application from the factory".

Paul Conner

Last edited by Quarantine Studio; 11-05-2014 at 08:33 AM.
Quarantine Studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 09:24 AM   #417
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIUM...ature=youtu.be

Seems like this a response to the criticism and also a tutorial. Guess they forgot to edit the last bit too? lol
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 10:34 AM   #418
Quarantine Studio
Producer
Producer

Don't hate the silly putty!

QS
Old 12-01-2014, 09:34 PM   #419
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Paul Conner
CEO
Believe it!!

I can attest to this statement. I did not expect and was blown away by the level of CS I was given when I contacted QS about my disappointment with the skin tone.

I did not expect their offer to repaint it but they made it apparent that it was their pleasure to make sure I was a satisfied customer.

Quote:
Sledgehammer

Please pm me the email you sent to our customer service email and also pictures of said statue defects. We have looked through our emails and have no complaint on file, from any of our Australian orders. Maybe a Dingo ate the email?

We will gladly offer you the same deal as we did Henry.

Wolf Brother(Henry) is a member on this forum and was apart of our response "We have read all the comments and critics concerning the paint application from the factory".

Paul Conner
Yes!!! I now have a CTB with a skin tone that I am totally happy with. My thanks QS.

Before

After

wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 11:19 PM   #420
travis
A.I.M.

Now he's gonna get skin cancer due to the tanning machine. Either that or he now resides in Hawaii instead of Snow Giants territory
travis is offline   Reply With Quote