Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 07-15-2016, 01:28 PM   #91
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I really don't like the Joker. Something is off. His face looks kinda melted.
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 12:37 AM   #92
SDguy

Saw the individual statues at SDCC this weekend. They really look fantastic! I hope the production pieces I end up with look as good!
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 06:05 PM   #93
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Saw the individual statues at SDCC this weekend. They really look fantastic! I hope the production pieces I end up with look as good!
I had the opposite reaction. Unfortunately, I ordered from DCBS, so I'm unable to cancel my order.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:17 PM   #94
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I had the opposite reaction. Unfortunately, I ordered from DCBS, so I'm unable to cancel my order.
I didn't order this one, but yeah, I'm really wary of pre-ordering DCC products from there for that reason. The discounts are great if you're ordering multiple things on one shipment, but I've found comparable deals elsewhere by being patient, as the 5000+ edition sizes tend to be high enough to avoid selling out before release.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:27 PM   #95
Lavario007
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Uh oh, What's DCBS?
Lavario007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:44 PM   #96
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavario007 View Post
Uh oh, What's DCBS?
Discount Comic Book Service. They're really great actually, especially with protective shipping. They have flat-rate $6.95 per shipment, but the catches are that pre-orders with collectibles are charged in the middle of the month after you order and you can only pre-order whatever's solicited for that specific month (to keep you from abusing the system by adding more and more to your shipment or filling up their warehouse space while waiting for all your orders to arrive.)

This system is second nature to monthly comic collectors, but it can be a chore for others. It just sucks that Diamond Select and DCC are they're main two statue suppliers, as their final products in-hand tend to differ drastically from the initial solicitation images.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 09:54 PM   #97
prescribeddrone
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

After seeing pics;

I still want it, but I'm considering other options-
  • Worry it might sell out
  • Wait until it's a bit cheaper.
  • Unless I have no money in December, my SH Figuarts Suicide Squad Harley is a must. I am getting her. She can rep this version of Harley in smaller scale, if anything.
  • Hot Toys SS Harley (expensive and Deadpool will be my only HT at the moment)
  • The designer Bruce Timm Harley is $20 cheaper and looks great. I have a spot for her. She might look good with next years 12" designer Joker statue...
  • I'll probably hold on to my Icons Harley statue but sell the Joker Icons statue....
  • That "Finders Keyper" 10" plastic statue looks nice, but IDK how it'll look when it's done- seems too good to be true.
  • I don't have a lot of space, but do have some space.... have to be careful not to over buy.
prescribeddrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 07:54 AM   #98
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Had to bail on my preorder for these. Might get back into it one day, but hope they still do well.
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 08:37 AM   #99
ukshaun
Hercules

How does DC Direct compare to Gentle Giant, Sideshow, XM Studios when it comes to statues.

I've been looking for a Harley Quinn, and ended up ordering the Hot Toys figure, as the facial expression is simply great!
Just discovered this thread and DC Direct's Harley Quinn, she looks good also, and she's a statue, although the facial expression is not as good as Hot Toy's figure.

'The unhinged heart of the Suicide Squad is ready to play! This highly detailed statue depicts Margot Robbie as the unpredictable antihero Harley Quinn, as she appears in the Suicide Squad film. Harley's pose captures the character's dangerous, mischievous personality, so you'd better keep an eye on that baseball bat. Measures approximately 12" tall.' - DC Direct

By 12" I guess that's the same as 1/4 scale. There appears to be no mention of what the statue is made from?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 12:36 PM   #100
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

12" would be closer to 1/6 scale.

12 inches = 1 foot. If it was 1/4 scale then they'd only be about 4 foot tall in real life.
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote