Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 02-15-2016, 11:29 PM   #21
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
just commission your own then
Don't have too. There are so many statues being released these days, all you have to do is kick back and wait for the ones you like and pass on the ones you don't like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I know you hate name plates in general. I've seen your other posts. But these don't bother me.... especially since they have the "look" for the series, and show the art.
I actually find the name plates in this series even more bothersome than most as the name plates are so big and so visible. With some statues, they make the name plate so it kind of blends into the base a bit. With these, you have a flat base with nothing on it and then a big name plate right out in front. And it would have been so easy to make it so they were removable. I will admit that having the art is a nice touch. It makes them a bit more attractive than your average name plate.

In all honesty, I am really not a big fan of this series anyways. Louis Lane is really the only one I really care for. So its really not a big loss for me as its unlikely I would have purchased any of them anyways.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:02 PM   #22
gomur
The Tick

Wow. This series keeps surprising me (in a great way) with its direction and character choices. I would've expected it to run out of steam 5-7 characters ago. I never bought into it (had too much on my plate already) but I think Bombshell fans must be ecstatic.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 04:21 PM   #23
grphyx1
Kingpin

this Raven to me is the least bombshell-ish of them all.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 07:12 PM   #24
HarleyQuinn
The Spirit

As an og Bombshell fan, it is nice, and nicer that they've taken time to do Cheetah, Killer Frost, and Bumblebee who haven't had any statues at all in memory.

Theres just something a bit off about Bumblebee to me. #1 being the most dynamic of them all (period) this jump is really... awkward? And her face looks to be more struggling than cheerful. But a cheerleader is different and I like that
HarleyQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 08:23 PM   #25
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
this Raven to me is the least bombshell-ish of them all.
I'm a huge Catwoman fan, but there is nothing "bombshells" about her IMO. At this point the line is more just retro than bombshells, which is OK with me.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 05:06 PM   #26
BurningRage
Inhumans

$99.99 at BBTS.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 01:08 AM   #27
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I love how they are "levitating" Raven on her cape, that's the way to do it. Unlike the Bumblebee one. I hate when you see the rod holding the characters up. Whether it be clear or not, it's not to my taste at all. I've passed up many-a-sculpt due to that.

I'm also unfamiliar with Bumblebee as a character. I'm going to have to look her up.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 04:06 AM   #28
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
I love how they are "levitating" Raven on her cape, that's the way to do it. Unlike the Bumblebee one. I hate when you see the rod holding the characters up. Whether it be clear or not, it's not to my taste at all. I've passed up many-a-sculpt due to that.
Sometimes there is no other option but to have a rod. Personally, the Jock Batman B&W is amongst my faves & that has a pole

joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 08:14 AM   #29
SDguy

I do think a clear rod is better though....
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 03:26 PM   #30
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
Sometimes there is no other option but to have a rod. Personally, the Jock Batman B&W is amongst my faves & that has a pole

I do understand some poses necessitate it, they would't be possible otherwise, but I'm just not a fan. Personal preference is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I do think a clear rod is better though....
That is true, but they still don't win me over. Like the Black Cat Bishoujo. That one kills me.

I'd much rather they try to integrate the support structure into the overall design rather than just stick'em on rod. (Eh, I'm too lazy to reword that.)
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote