DSTZach
Distributor

Anyone who missed out on Batman and/or Joker, they are coming back into stock:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Searc...+animated+bust
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 06:00 AM   #102
CrocodileRock
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

No wonder this line ia dead. I've been trying to buy the batman bust, ordered two times and both came with major flaws in the nose part of the cowl and paint deffects, Going to try one last time cause it is a beautiful desing, but seriously, Where is diamond select QC at?
CrocodileRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 12:05 AM   #103
DSTZach
Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocodileRock View Post
No wonder this line ia dead. I've been trying to buy the batman bust, ordered two times and both came with major flaws in the nose part of the cowl and paint deffects, Going to try one last time cause it is a beautiful desing, but seriously, Where is diamond select QC at?
Literally never seen a QC complaint on this line. And I used to handle DST CS, now I just get copied on most of it. Curious to see a picture.

Line ended for a variety of reasons, but not because people didn't like the product.
Old 11-09-2023, 05:32 AM   #104
CrocodileRock

Here you have the pictures, you can see the nose is poorly sculpted in both busts I received. They also had paint defects but not all where captured on camera. I would think I had just bad luck, but the seller told me it was a common occurrence selling this bust. They had lots of replacements from poor qc.

But I guess third time is a charm, because today I received the bust and it is good to stay. Couple of nitpicks and two main problems tho (it didn't have the manufacturer precint, no certificate of authenticity, no shipper box, will ask the seller what's up with that because that is probably their fault).

https://imgur.com/a/OgNPTha

Old 11-09-2023, 05:39 AM   #105
CrocodileRock

Upon close inspection I noticed the logo has paint imperfection and two small chips) Are you still going to say QC has been perfect in this item?

https://imgur.com/gallery/XPjYePL
Old 11-10-2023, 02:08 PM   #106
DSTZach
Distributor

I would call that chin scuff a defect, but none of the others. Extreme magnification is needed to spot any of them, and they are all painted fine. But glad you got a good one.

And I never said QC was perfect, only that no one complained to DST. A retailer may have gone to our distributor with concerns, but it never trickled back to us that I know of.
Old 11-10-2023, 06:44 PM   #107
CrocodileRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTZach View Post
I would call that chin scuff a defect, but none of the others. Extreme magnification is needed to spot any of them, and they are all painted fine. But glad you got a good one.

And I never said QC was perfect, only that no one complained to DST. A retailer may have gone to our distributor with concerns, but it never trickled back to us that I know of.
No magnification whatsoever is needed to spot those defects live. Maybe phone camera quality gives your argument a pass. Otherwise I would call it delusional thinking.

In any case, It's your company, it's normal, as an emotional response, that you try to defend it when someone claims that your QC department didn't do their job as it was supposed. I get it. But in my experience and the first store I bought from, they didn't do it.
Three bust I needed to find one that can stay and even in this one the logo paint isn't well done. Maybe that's just anecdotal evidence but it is the only one we have here. No one is going to run a study and not enough members are going to participate to reach significant conclusions.

This isn't even the first time Diamond Select get backlash in the community from poor quality control, it sure won't be the last if you try to undermine clients reclamations instead of looking at what could be the reason behind it.
Old 11-13-2023, 10:34 AM   #108
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Outside of the chin scuff you are being exceptionally picky and you should find a different hobby if those small marks bother you.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 03:28 PM   #109
DSTZach
Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocodileRock View Post
No magnification whatsoever is needed to spot those defects live. Maybe phone camera quality gives your argument a pass. Otherwise I would call it delusional thinking.

In any case, It's your company, it's normal, as an emotional response, that you try to defend it when someone claims that your QC department didn't do their job as it was supposed. I get it. But in my experience and the first store I bought from, they didn't do it.
Three bust I needed to find one that can stay and even in this one the logo paint isn't well done. Maybe that's just anecdotal evidence but it is the only one we have here. No one is going to run a study and not enough members are going to participate to reach significant conclusions.

This isn't even the first time Diamond Select get backlash in the community from poor quality control, it sure won't be the last if you try to undermine clients reclamations instead of looking at what could be the reason behind it.
We make hundreds of products a year, and thousands of each product, and in mass production, mistakes happen. As a result, we get several requests a day for replacements for broken items, missing accessories, items that have paint defects, even figures that people broke AS or even AFTER they opened them up, and we honor all of them.

It's when they are very small defects on a high-end item that we start looking a little more closely at the request. If we think the problem is minor, we may still offer a replacement, but if the customer comes back to us more than once for a replacement on the same expensive item for what we perceive to be minor defects, we may simply not be able to help them.

I can see two small chips in that logo because you blew it up 4x. I don't see a paint defect. BUT looking back at the lower-down pics of the nose on your previous bust, I can see how that might be distracting. Again, glad you got a good one.

I don't recall andy QC backlashes, but maybe I missed them. I've only been on this board for 11 years, but I handled Customer Service for a big chunk of that.

Last edited by DSTZach; 11-15-2023 at 03:33 PM.