Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-28-2015, 05:31 PM   #371
cpluse2
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Soooo anyone looking forward to Comic con... When is the show in Singapore again. There was some cool stuff there.
cpluse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 05:40 PM   #372
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I feel a bit bad for spidey, so here is my email from Ben Ang.

Hi Sir, due the contract restriction with Disney . We are not allow to sell outside our selling zone . As distribtuots they are also bound by the rules. Kindly discuss with your seller to resolve the issue.
Regards
Ben
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 06:10 PM   #373
sweetbabala
Frackin!

From what I have read of his posts, I think Spidey976 really has no one to blame but himself for what looks like a negative backlash by other members.

Simply put, if he has, indeed, been told confidential information by the people at XM, as I believe he has claimed, should not that information be KEPT in confidence, if for nothing more than out of simple respect for the XM staff? My impression is he has repeatedly dropped hints, inappropriately shared information, through posts or PMs, attempted to present himself as an official/unofficial member of some "inner circle," which has obviously gotten under some members' skins. When he has been called out on it, he has apparently deleted past posts, claimed embarrassment and apologized. However, for whatever reason, the pattern of behavior seems to continue unchanged. I have my suspicions around that, but I'm sure they're not worth sharing.

I also own a Magneto, have Thanos on order, and am looking into a third. They produce a hell of a product and I vote with my dollars hoping to see them succeed.

Regardless, I think some of the animosity could have been avoided very simply with a bit more discretion around keeping "confidential information" confidential.

Ryan
sweetbabala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 06:17 PM   #374
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanny View Post
I feel a bit bad for spidey, so here is my email from Ben Ang.

Hi Sir, due the contract restriction with Disney . We are not allow to sell outside our selling zone . As distribtuots they are also bound by the rules. Kindly discuss with your seller to resolve the issue.
Regards
Ben
Thanks for the support madmanny, but please let it drop. I am fine, and I don't feel the need to continue it. Also, I don't want you to take any heat on my account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbabala View Post
From what I have read of his posts, I think Spidey976 really has no one to blame but himself for what looks like a negative backlash by other members.

Simply put, if he has, indeed, been told confidential information by the people at XM, as I believe he has claimed, should not that information be KEPT in confidence, if for nothing more than out of simple respect for the XM staff? My impression is he has repeatedly dropped hints, inappropriately shared information, through posts or PMs, attempted to present himself as an official/unofficial member of some "inner circle," which has obviously gotten under some members' skins. When he has been called out on it, he has apparently deleted past posts, claimed embarrassment and apologized. However, for whatever reason, the pattern of behavior seems to continue unchanged. I have my suspicions around that, but I'm sure they're not worth sharing.

I also own a Magneto, have Thanos on order, and am looking into a third. They produce a hell of a product and I vote with my dollars hoping to see them succeed.

Regardless, I think some of the animosity could have been avoided very simply with a bit more discretion around keeping "confidential information" confidential.

Ryan
Ryan I am trying to let this drop. I have never liked backing down from a fight, but you know what it is pointless right now. The chips will fall as they will, and that will be that.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 06:17 PM   #375
bananafarmer
A day without sunshine is like... night.

tbh, spidey annoys me on both forums with his know-all attitude.
bananafarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 06:20 PM   #376
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I am, but it kind of makes me angry. That most of these pieces are bought just to flip to people in other countries like the US, Canada etc.
Is there interest for these in Singapore? Doesn't look like it. So why produce them over there?
I think it's pretty simple, really. If people in the US could buy a Sideshow statue at 400$ knowing that they can sell it to Singapore collectors for 1200$, what would they do?
Easy, flip it.
I don't care what people say, most of them don't flip only because they don't have idea of what to buy and resell, it's a lack of skill, not being "pure hearted".
I can tell by how people were wetting themselves over the fake Spidey PF soldout, that those exact people would flip in a heartbeat if they had in hand something that gained substantial value. Once you take away the sugar coating from their talks of "not caring about ES", it's easy to see these people would flip for a quick buck any day any time.
I gotta be honest, I find it pretty incredible that there are a bunch of private middle men and resellers who're willing to sell XM pieces at retail or close to that, it's a true display of honesty.

About "why Singapore", well... it's a place like another. This is a business, people invest money so they can earn money, from that point of view it's like any other business around. Asian producters also have the benefit of being nearer to China so they can personally supervise the production chain.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 06:45 PM   #377
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpluse2 View Post
Soooo anyone looking forward to Comic con... When is the show in Singapore again. There was some cool stuff there.
If I remember correctly it was Sept or October.

Edit: looks like it is Sept 12-13
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 06:49 PM   #378
darth
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I am, but it kind of makes me angry. That most of these pieces are bought just to flip to people in other countries like the US, Canada etc.
Is there interest for these in Singapore? Doesn't look like it. So why produce them over there?

lol where would you like them to be produced?

I gotta say that has to be one of the more head scratching comments I've read in awhile. lol
darth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 06:57 PM   #379
traylorc
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbabala View Post

Ryan
Ryan...I think your post has some merit. But I think there is another side of this discussion that should be addressed.

Some of you have your personal reasons for this "backlash" against Spidey...those are your issues and I am not going to judge. There may be very legitimate reasons why you have a problem with Spidey...those reasons may be absolutely valid

However...I think we should acknowledge that we do not live in "rose colored glasses" society where everyone adheres to the idea that "confidential information should remain confidential".

Our country is obsessed with knowing confidential information prior to it being made public. How many sports fans dial up ESPN.com to hear "confidential information" regarding the contract situation involving a star athlete and their favorite team? How many people have clicked on a web link to read "confidential information" on who may be cast in the newest Marvel or DC movie? How many people have clicked on a web link to review unauthorized pictures taken on a closed movie set because they desperately needed to see the new Batmobile or just had to know how Ben Affleck looks in the new Batsuit?? How many collectors follow certain threads in the forum in order to secure "confidential information" regarding when certain products go up for pre-order or if certain products will be revealed at Comic Con?

If you guys want to be pissed at Spidey fine...my point is that we live in a society that actively encourages the distribution of confidential information. Look at our news outlets...look how social media is geared around providing access to confidential information before it is made public. Why??? Because many people like knowing things before they are suppose to...and our news and social medial outlets cater to that overwhelming "need to know".

There is a lot of collectors out there...there are a lot of people in general out there (myself included) that have no problem with receiving "confidential information" when it suits their own agenda and/or benefits them personally. In addition, I would be remiss if I did not mention there are likely a number of "haters" out there that may be jealous that certain forum members have access to confidential information...and they do not.

Some of you may view this as a post defending Spidey...I am simply trying to elevate the idea that having access to confidential information is slippery slope. It's real easy to say how you would never share confidential information, when you have never possessed any worthwhile confidential information. And I am sure some of you have passed on or even commented on confidential information because you felt you were simply trying to give fellow collectors a head's up.

Ok...I am ready. (**Puts on new "Affleck themed" Flame Retardant Batsuit**)

Let the flame fest begin...
traylorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 06:58 PM   #380
traylorc
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
I think it's pretty simple, really. If people in the US could buy a Sideshow statue at 400$ knowing that they can sell it to Singapore collectors for 1200$, what would they do?
Easy, flip it.
I don't care what people say, most of them don't flip only because they don't have idea of what to buy and resell, it's a lack of skill, not being "pure hearted".
I can tell by how people were wetting themselves over the fake Spidey PF soldout, that those exact people would flip in a heartbeat if they had in hand something that gained substantial value. Once you take away the sugar coating from their talks of "not caring about ES", it's easy to see these people would flip for a quick buck any day any time.
I gotta be honest, I find it pretty incredible that there are a bunch of private middle men and resellers who're willing to sell XM pieces at retail or close to that, it's a true display of honesty.

About "why Singapore", well... it's a place like another. This is a business, people invest money so they can earn money, from that point of view it's like any other business around. Asian producters also have the benefit of being nearer to China so they can personally supervise the production chain.
Well said Mule....
traylorc is offline   Reply With Quote