Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-05-2020, 09:30 AM   #21
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Username View Post
If you want to be equitable, I'd suggest either applying the same pricing model to prior preorders or simply make the changes effective beginning with Darkseid and future products.
That is exactly what I was thinking. Completely agree with this.

If someone can go and order the same statue I have had on PO for almost a year and get free shipping and a $25 discount ($60+ cheaper) by ordering it now before it is even released, it will be a real kick in the gut. Especially after ordering all of the SP line direct through TH and supporting them the last few years.

I know SS, TH and others sometimes have specials on statues that are cheaper than original pricing (percentage off or free shipping). But that is always after they are released not before.

And don't get me started again on the $15 coupon.....LOL
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 09:43 AM   #22
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I can't imagine applying new rules to past orders. Any changes to policies should go into effect from the moment they implement them and only apply to future orders. If people expected companies to apply new rules to past orders then most companies wouldn't change anything unless they absolutely had to do so. A company is truly bending over backward for their customers if they apply them to the old orders as well considering everyone was fine with ordering something a month ago, six months ago, or a year ago without the new policies.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 10:01 AM   #23
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

My $0.02.

I have few PO's that I paid in full with shipping. Some of then will be reissued on Thursday. I do not expect for Tweeterhead to issue me a credit of $25 or return cost of shipping. At the time of me pre-ordering said statues it was clear as day what my total cost would be and I agreed to said terms by placing an order. The fact that some other folks will get free shipping on the same order will not hurt my feeling in any way.

There is nothing unfair about that.
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 10:39 AM   #24
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
My $0.02.

I have few PO's that I paid in full with shipping. Some of then will be reissued on Thursday. I do not expect for Tweeterhead to issue me a credit of $25 or return cost of shipping. At the time of me pre-ordering said statues it was clear as day what my total cost would be and I agreed to said terms by placing an order. The fact that some other folks will get free shipping on the same order will not hurt my feeling in any way.

There is nothing unfair about that.
I think I am a little upset with the $15 coupons I tried to use and then this on top of it. I have spent $5,037.55 the last 3 years on TH products and trying to use $180 in coupons shouldn't be an issue, which it hasn't been for several people on here. Which makes it all the more frustrating.

There are a couple other things with TH that I will not go into here. With this new announcement I feel just like I do with my cell phone company as an older subscriber and all the incentives are for new subscribers.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 10:51 AM   #25
Jack's Username
Nightwing

Gotta say, I'm a little surprised by some of the responses on here.

Go ask Todd at Spec Fiction what he does for customers who have something on preorder when the pricing changes. Go check out a little place called Amazon and see what their policy is regarding preorder pricing guarantees.

Hell, most retailers will give you a credit on something if you bought it, own it, and it then goes on sale within (typically) the next thirty days.

This isn't an outrageous expectation for preorders that are still available to preorder.
Jack's Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 11:06 AM   #26
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:

Go ask Todd at Spec Fiction what he does for customers who have something on preorder when the pricing changes. Go check out a little place called Amazon and see what their policy is regarding preorder pricing guarantees.

Hell, most retailers will give you a credit on something if you bought it, own it, and it then goes on sale within (typically) the next thirty days.

This isn't an outrageous expectation for preorders that are still available to preorder.
I didn't say that your opinion is invalid or wrong... all I did is... I expressed mine in the same way you did yours.
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 11:37 AM   #27
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:

I do agree that retailer will do price adjustments within a certain time period but I made my 2nd payment for Batgirl last March. I do not expect any kind of refund for that order since it was more than 10 months ago. I made my first payment for Green Lantern last June and still owe $175. Part of that order include shipping which I believe is about $32.00 (I think that is what it said). By giving free shipping to anywhere in the US that is cutting into Chad's profit. He needs to make money to keep going. I do not know how many orders Chad has pending that are either partially paid or fully paid but imagine if he refunded all of the shipping costs? How much would that cost?

I do think that the $25 off and free shipping should be started with Darkseid going forward. If the payment system could be established for all orders (even older ones with pending balances) I think that would be fair.

One thing I remember Chad said on a recent interview is that there were over 100 people who still owed for the latest Wonder Woman statue. (I think he said 125) I wonder how long he had to wait for people to pay what they committed to buy for already released statues.

And before anyone brings any issue up, yes, there have been alot of issues in the past year and if I was waiting for a refund that took over half a year I would feel exactly the way posters on here do. I would be upset if I had to wait for a replacement part and never got a response. It does seem things are improving and hopefully in a year the issues that some (including myself) will be a thing of the past.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 01:50 PM   #28
grphyx1
Kingpin

My understanding is that this will not be retro it will be going forward starting with Darkseid. Will be explained in da short video today at Noon PST, 3 p.m. EST
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 05:02 PM   #29
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Any update from the video today?
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 05:12 PM   #30
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Any update from the video today?
Going on right now

Showing off Darkseid, including switch out head. Will show alternate gloves, one with mother box and one with tattered superman cape.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote