Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-13-2020, 09:58 AM   #21
MapleDonut
Justice League

I didn't buy it because I will probably just focus on Bat villains.
MapleDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 10:06 AM   #22
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleDonut View Post
I didn't buy it because I will probably just focus on Bat villains.
Right there with ya. With TH, I'm concentrating more on the Teen Titans. Trying to put them together in my collection.

Might get Batgirl, Shazam and Black Adam as well tho.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 10:32 AM   #23
jeremydmc
Black Panther

If I can get a Krypto to complete my Superman Family I am all good! LOL
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:08 AM   #24
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Yea, I think SS burned a lot of people with that. However from what I have seen - that has never been an issue with TH. It's more the construction/attachment points, but those were mostly the same QC you'd see from any piece and wouldn't know til you had it in hand.

For me, if there is a statue I want, I will easily buy it in full, directly from TH without worries of paint apps. But as I don't buy males, I can't help him with Darkseid.

He really should release some strong female options next to test the waters of what sells. I think the Ivy numbers will boost his spirits. Also a good, male Batman villain might help.
If anything Tweeterhead pieces look somehow better in person. My Diana and Donna still impress me with their paint applications. I trust them completely to deliver on Starfire and Batgirl this year.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:15 AM   #25
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I did not purchase it because I only buy heroes and just ones that I want and not trying to complete a line up (Though when he gets to the Justice Society it might be kind of hard not to)

He did not give Darkseid numbers but I do wonder how many of an exclusive he has to sell in order for it to be profitable for him and not to lose money. He said they would be capped at 250 but I do not think that all exclusives he did hit the 250 mark. I do not care about switch-outs but if I am ordering directly from Tweeterhead then maybe I would get the exclusive instead of the regular version just to support that particular exclusive being made.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:57 AM   #26
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I want to support all the creators, artists, and vendors/LCS but it is very competitive. I have several Tweeterhead statues and more on order but all through 3rd party vendors. If/when they come out with Nubia I definitely would support them by ordering directly since that character has never been done in statue form. Maybe Tweeterhead could get more sales doing the Kickstarter/ Indigogo model that Dynamite has done?
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 12:33 PM   #27
craigcliff1
Zot

There have been so many DS statues now. When I started Collecting The Justice leage Cartoon was it's original airing, I wanted a DS statue and when I tried to find a statue, there wasn't any. I ordered the EX, it's awesome statue with lots of Extras
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 02:12 PM   #28
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I passed on Darkseid simply because I didn't want yet another TH in the Captain Morgan pose. There are already 8 in the line and Darkseid would be the 9th. There are currently 20 Super Powers statues and nearly half are in the same type of pose.

If Darkseid had been him standing straight up with one hand behind his back (Classic Darkseid) and the other holding Superman's cape and maybe have the the Motherbox switch out for that same arm I would have bought it in an instant.

Do you mean like this?

built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 02:19 PM   #29
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Do you mean like this?

Oh hells yeah! Never seen that one before. I like the TH costume better but that is the pose I was wanting!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 02:27 PM   #30
dkeith
Fantastic Four

Holding out hope for the rest of the Marvel Family.
dkeith is offline   Reply With Quote