Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-25-2015, 06:16 PM   #111
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
That sounds quite mental. I think you're not in the US, based on your post, but if you are try to deal with them by phone. A common thing I've noticed with every customer service in every area is that speaking directly with someone is much more effective than dealing with emails.
Spent a half hour on the phone with sideshow(probubly a $20 long distance bill) New batgirl bidy on the way. Fingers crossed.

Here are photos if anyone is curious.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	92029  
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 06:17 PM   #112
Synzaic

Scuffs, not sure how to attach more then1 phoyo (on an iphone). Also more scuffs on the crotch. Anyways problem is solved hopefully
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	92030  
Old 08-25-2015, 06:29 PM   #113
Synzaic

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Just send it back and stop buying.

Simple as that.
But its a statue that i want, and is now sold out.....a statue that i ordered well over a year ago.

Also if i return it i lose the duties $50 canadian i paid, plus i was tokd to pay for the shipping....so i woukd have spent $100 for nothing.

Thank you for your great advice though.

Let me know next time your car breaks down....ill tell you to return it and stop buying automobiles....since thats what tou do when anything goes wrong right?
Old 08-25-2015, 09:49 PM   #114
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synzaic View Post
. . . Let me know next time your car breaks down....ill tell you to return it and stop buying automobiles . . .

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:30 PM   #115
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

". . . Let me know next time your car breaks down....ill tell you to return it and stop buying automobiles . . ."

That's different,you won't take home a car with paint scuffs and tear on the leather seats right ?
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:07 AM   #116
Atimantium
Hydra

it depends...is it the last car available? Then yes. I would.
Atimantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 03:38 AM   #117
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I've sadly given up on Sideshow, and I've been collecting with them since just after Doctor Doom's PF came out. I can only talk from my experience as a UK buyer, but the QC has been an ever increasing issue over the last 3 years, I believe Ultron was one of the first cancelled. All four pieces that arrived this year had damage and had to be destroyed...

Ultron was cancelled because despite people still being shipped their statues, there were seemingly no replacements at all. Whatever the change in policy, it's now almost guaranteed that if a statue comes with damage or poor QC, you won't be able to get a full replacement as EVERY piece will be out of stock/unavailable.

Having spent thousands of pounds with the company, and being repeatedly offered $20 refunds for damaged pieces, and then having to destroy the statues for a full refund (and I hate having to smash these beautiful pieces), I just can't comfortably accept their decisions anymore.

To that end, I'm holding out for Spooktacular for some cheeky final reward points - after all these years I'm just short off paying for one last piece outright, which seems fitting that I won't be giving Sideshow any more money, but instead getting something back from them like a small final farewell. :-)

The question is, where do I go from here - what are the best companies offering 1/4 scale and above Marvel/DC/movie pieces? The 1/3 Hulk looks phenomenal and just waiting on price there, but other than that I'm in the dark.
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 06:10 PM   #118
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Reminder this is the thread to discuss QC issues.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:25 PM   #119
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Looking for recent QC issues..

Has there ever been any statement from Sideshow acknowledging their issues and possible changes to reduce the # of errors?

Here's another one:

Why do people keep buying Sideshow products even with the many issues they're experiencing with the products?
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:46 PM   #120
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
Looking for recent QC issues..

Has there ever been any statement from Sideshow acknowledging their issues and possible changes to reduce the # of errors?

Here's another one:

Why do people keep buying Sideshow products even with the many issues they're experiencing with the products?
I'm almost done.

But it's because:
1. We love the character
2. We love the sculpt
3. We just need to collect something

For me it's usually I love the character and sculpt so I keep taking chances. This well is almost dry. I have just 2 orders left, I used to have like 9 at a time. I plan on taking a chance with Spider-Man villains, Batman villains and Aquaman but limiting myself to those. Almost everything I get comes damaged so I won't be taking as many chances.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote