Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Arrow Star Wars Episode 9

Colin Trevorrow Confirmed to Direct

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/st...ow-1201571003/
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 05:14 PM   #12
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I like this choice. He did a great job on Jurassic World and I really enjoyed Safety Not Guaranteed.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:10 AM   #13
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/s...19337349656576

colintrevorrow: Back to school. #IX

Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 04:44 PM   #14
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Looks like Disney/Lucasfilm is making the move off the established December release date a permanent thing. The Han Solo Anthology film has long been set to release in May but many speculated it would shift to December. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore as Episode IX has just shifted to May as well.

'Star Wars: Episode IX' Sets Summer 2019 Release Date

Speaking for myself I liked the December date as it's a great time to see films Vs the Summer when you might be doing other things. Financially I'm not sure why Disney moved off the date given they'll now be competent with their Marvel films. I'd imagine the impending Avatar sequels have something to do with it though. All that being said the prospect of only having to wait 6 months between The Last Jedi and Han Solo is exciting.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 04:56 PM   #15
Marvelito

I grew up with the OT being released in May, so it felt natural that the prequels were also released in May. While I thought it would be strange to have a SW film be released at the end of the year, I actually really liked these being released in December. It is an uncluttered time of the year for these types of films, and with the holidays making it a special time of the year, getting a SW film makes it that much more special IMO.

I think from a financial standpoint, the Marvel films while still making a ton of money, are beginning to slip a tad a the B.O. compared to SW. I know that they'd also like to get as much money on the books as they can from the SW films, which they can't do by releasing them at the end of the year.

A five month window between SW films is something I never even dreamed of! We'll probably get TLJ on Blu-ray right before Han Solo hits theaters. Can't wait!

Not to derail the thread, but I have almost zero anticipation for the Avatar sequels. I enjoyed Avatar, have re-watched it a few times since it was released and still liked it, but that's it. Never once did I ever think, "man I wish they'd make more of these!" Having said this, I will go see the sequels in the theater, at least the first one, but yeah, I'm just not excited for them at all.
Old 04-25-2017, 04:56 PM   #16
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Looks like Disney/Lucasfilm is making the move off the established December release date a permanent thing. The Han Solo Anthology film has long been set to release in May but many speculated it would shift to December. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore as Episode IX has just shifted to May as well.

'Star Wars: Episode IX' Sets Summer 2019 Release Date

Speaking for myself I liked the December date as it's a great time to see films Vs the Summer when you might be doing other things. Financially I'm not sure why Disney moved off the date given they'll now be competent with their Marvel films. I'd imagine the impending Avatar sequels have something to do with it though. All that being said the prospect of only having to wait 6 months between The Last Jedi and Han Solo is exciting.
I bet the death of Carrie Fisher drove the date change.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:02 PM   #17
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I don't think it was ever meant to be a permanent thing. TFA got pushed back initially, so subsequent films did as well, but they're probably back on track now. Carrie's passing happened early enough in development of Episode IX that I think they have had time to adjust. The fact that they aren't making that huge of a deal about her not appearing in IX makes me wonder if she wasn't going to die in VIII already.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:12 PM   #18
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Hard to say but I have a feeling Avatar has more to do with it than anything. Possibly not as much a fear of competing with the franchise as a potential conflict of interest given the Disney park deal with Cameron.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:06 PM   #19
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

I hate to see them go back to summer. I really like the December release dates and wish they would have stuck with it.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:21 PM   #20
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Hard to say but I have a feeling Avatar has more to do with it than anything. Possibly not as much a fear of competing with the franchise as a potential conflict of interest given the Disney park deal with Cameron.
Bingo! I'm sure FOX and Disney have talked about their impending plans on both sides and not wanting to cannibalize profits.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote