Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-17-2018, 09:14 PM   #2881
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayto_0 View Post
People post pics of QC issues the same pics they show SS, the date they ordered, what else they have on pre-order, their location, What CS told them.

I don't know what Sideshow do or don't do but what Shanesg said is certainly not as outlandish as you guys might think.
But SS has stated only 3% of their customers use these forums... So our opinions, pictures, complaints, etc... doesn't matter to them...

I seriously doubt they care someone kept two hands from the statue... but if they did and they know who this guy is, I'm sure they'll send him an email asking him to destroy the hands and send them pictures as proof...

I doubt SS is going to hire Thugs to take him out
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:17 PM   #2882
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

I wouldn't be so sure of that
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:07 PM   #2883
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I could use a thug over on the XM Hulkbuster thread.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 08:41 AM   #2884
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

The 3% thing is a myth. A trick to belittle forum collectors. Bad business as well whoever said that.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 08:53 AM   #2885
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
The 3% thing is a myth. A trick to belittle forum collectors. Bad business as well whoever said that.
Igo said it awhile back when people were complaining about the art direction of one of SS statues..

Of course we just repeat it to mock him
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 10:47 PM   #2886
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Hi is anyone else having trouble getting the back leg peg into the base. I wasted 30 minutes trying many different angels and ways but cannot get the back leg into the base. It's not even a small gap, but a giant 3 inch gap. Just wondering if it's an issue with just me or everyone.

Sideshow always seem to have problems with their damn pegs into the hole. Why not just make the holes bigger, or test out each statue before packing it.

Otherwise the statue looks perfect and awesome, so annoying
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 11:35 PM   #2887
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
Hi is anyone else having trouble getting the back leg peg into the base. I wasted 30 minutes trying many different angels and ways but cannot get the back leg into the base. It's not even a small gap, but a giant 3 inch gap. Just wondering if it's an issue with just me or everyone.

Sideshow always seem to have problems with their damn pegs into the hole. Why not just make the holes bigger, or test out each statue before packing it.

Otherwise the statue looks perfect and awesome, so annoying
Yea, I've talk to sideshow and they knew about the tight peg problem and said there is only one way to put it in with out bending the peg.
So, here's the trick kinda..Make sure the front foot is ready to go in the resting position and past the middle lip of finger.Then line up back peg and foot and with force push both feet downward and you should hear it snap in.Sideshow said if it breaks you would be cover to me anyway.After a day or so it comes out and goes in fine.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 12:25 AM   #2888
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Exclamation MOD NOTE

Deleted several posts above. Political commentary of this nature is not allowed. Most of you have been around long enough to know better. Next person posting comments of this nature will be banned. This will be the only warning!
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 08:54 AM   #2889
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I got my replacement for break on rear peg leg and same issue couldn’t get peg in. It’s bent there is no way to get it in unless peg is straightened . So I took pliars and gently straightened it. Guess what Sideshow he goes in and out like butter. Ridiculous .

Imo way back when early painted prototype was released Wolverine had that huge lean I think our reaction on forums got sideshow to last minute go back straighten him otherwise they would have had disaster on selling him. What we are seeing in that back leg is leftover lean that was corrected . Just a thought that explains why pegs are all bent . Notice the key is straight which props him upright but the rod was old location most likely
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:53 AM   #2890
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I got my replacement for break on rear peg leg and same issue couldn’t get peg in. It’s bent there is no way to get it in unless peg is straightened . So I took pliars and gently straightened it. Guess what Sideshow he goes in and out like butter. Ridiculous .

Imo way back when early painted prototype was released Wolverine had that huge lean I think our reaction on forums got sideshow to last minute go back straighten him otherwise they would have had disaster on selling him. What we are seeing in that back leg is leftover lean that was corrected . Just a thought that explains why pegs are all bent . Notice the key is straight which props him upright but the rod was old location most likely
Hmm that's interesting. Sideshow did say my peg was supposed to be at that angle. If you insert the peg when it's angled like my pic below, Wolverine can't really lean to the right like in some of the preview pics.

Keep an eye on your one Subby, it could be by straightening the peg it could start leaning to the right. Just a thought.
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote