Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-27-2018, 03:19 AM   #11
richardandtracy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I hope everyone is being overly pessimistic, but.. it is possible.

It was amazing seeing Wei's development from an artist into such a skilled sculptor. And some of the sculpts of Luis Royo work were unbelievable. I am not a 'collector', I just buy what I like and it's telling that the only sculpts I have ever bought have been Yamato. In addition to the Yamato sculpts, I have wanted to buy some of the David Goode sculptures (that may be seen here: http://www.david-goode.com/ ) but as I'm not made of money, all I can do is think 'If only...'. No other company's offerings have ever really struck that chord with me.

If Yamato has gone down the tube: There'll never be a Uranos Drops statue, which is devastating.

In the UK there is an online register of all companies (enterprisingly called 'Companies House') maintained by the government that logs the official status of companies (Trading, inactive, insolvent, being wound up etc). Is there any such organisation covering US companies, so we could actually re-assure ourselves of the status of the company?

Regards,

Richard.
richardandtracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:25 PM   #12
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

This is depressing.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:05 AM   #13
built2shred
Phoenix

built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 02:24 PM   #14
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Ouch. I didn't except this. Their Luis Royo works were a pleasure for the eyes. I'm sad if this is true.
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:11 PM   #15
AC_808
Hercules

That sucks! So no Black Canary and Zatanna?!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:53 PM   #16
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Yamato has been like a zombie for the past, how many years? Aren't they based out of Japan? Do they still make stuff, or is that it?

Is Zeus going to be fulfilled? How about the PVC Batman?

It's a shame. I didn't like all their pieces, but they had interesting niche lines and good artists. And the prices weren't bad.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 12:04 AM   #17
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Yamato has been like a zombie for the past, how many years? Aren't they based out of Japan? Do they still make stuff, or is that it?

Is Zeus going to be fulfilled? How about the PVC Batman?

It's a shame. I didn't like all their pieces, but they had interesting niche lines and good artists. And the prices weren't bad.
PVC Batman was cancelled...

Their Supergirl and Katana have been bushed back another month, I think that makes like the 5th delay, I'm sure will eventually get a email from BBTS.com saying their cancelled like they did with PVC Batman.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 12:18 AM   #18
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Their last Facebook post was more recent (June 28th) than Jeff's last post here on the forum. I wouldn't use Sideshow's month-to-month delay notices as a sign necessarily because they don't seem to pursue communication with any of the third-party companies they distribute until the delays get egregious enough to stop taking orders (some pieces in development hell go to waitlist to avoid unforeseeably long payment plans) or come out with an official "___ item will be delayed" statement, which is different than the "flexpay change notices I usually get for minor pushbacks.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:28 AM   #19
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Well, with all this gloom and doom chatter about the possible demise of Yamato USA I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on the Royo Catwoman statue. Yeah, it's a little B & D-ish, but I kind of like the more erotic take and it is not as tame as some of the more recent "fantasy" figures. If they were to go belly up I feared the price may go up. As it was, it was the last one in stock at BigBadToyStore. I'm good and still crossing my fingers on the Supergirl statue.
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 09:56 PM   #20
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Jeff hasn’t logged into Statueforum since February.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote