Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 04-07-2007, 02:53 PM   #11
tigertank1225
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
I'm glad some of you guys like these. I have been collecting ML's for the past 4 years and basically had almost all of them at one point or another. IMO, however, Hasbro is putting out an inferior product now compared to what ToyBiz did. Less articulation, colored plastic instead of actual paint, smaller sizes, etc, etc. That's why I'm bascially selling off my whole collection right now...I'd rather put my money towards well-done statues than half-a$$ed figures, lol.
i agee 100%. i hope they (hasbro), do not kill the line.
tigertank1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 02:57 PM   #12
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertank1225 View Post
i agee 100%. i hope they (hasbro), do not kill the line.
they already have.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:10 PM   #13
rychehitman
Galactus

thats right! the next series is the Build a crappy Brood!

The Brood from the Brood/Skrull 2-pack is So much better.

The
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
I'm glad some of you guys like these. I have been collecting ML's for the past 4 years and basically had almost all of them at one point or another. IMO, however, Hasbro is putting out an inferior product now compared to what ToyBiz did. Less articulation, colored plastic instead of actual paint, smaller sizes, etc, etc. That's why I'm bascially selling off my whole collection right now...I'd rather put my money towards well-done statues than half-a$$ed figures, lol.
I have always said that Hasbro is killing the line. I am thinking of getting rid of a whole bunch of my Legends too. But then I look at the only 90's FF, Iron Man, X-Men, and Spiderman figures I still have, I wonder If I would regret selling off Legends. The variety of characters Toybiz put out was pretty darn good.

Of the upcoming series, Yellowjacket and Quicksilver dont look too bad, and I am in for a Lord Thor one way or another...The BAF Blob looks really bad so far.

I wish Hasbro would not dilute the line with X3 figures. I also wish they'd focus on true "Legends" and not characters like Xorn (Toybiz started that crap by calling X-23 a legend).

I wish they'd do a BAF Super Adaptoid!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:26 PM   #14
tuv1305
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I put three cases of these out at work the other night and I do feel they were a big step up from the first wave. The only truely horrible figure this wave is Ultimate Wolverine, the head and face on that are just wretched. Lord Thor was actually really nice, he's the only one in the group I shelled out the dough for. She Hulk was tempting, but with Bowen's FS already pre-ordered through Danny I just wasn't feeling all that pressured to pick her up. No variants in any of the cases so I couldn't tell you what the ratio is on these.
tuv1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 07:27 PM   #15
metfan923
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

yeah i want to get a couple from this line, including lord thor, yellowjacket, and quicksilver
metfan923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 07:34 PM   #16
metfan923
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

oh and here are the yellowjacket figures. the variant is on the left. kind of a dumb variant if u ask me...

metfan923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:04 PM   #17
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metfan923 View Post
oh and here are the yellowjacket figures. the variant is on the left. kind of a dumb variant if u ask me...

Don't worry, in a few months Hasblo will release a cool silver repaint of him or something. That'll be even better, lol.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:34 PM   #18
rychehitman
Galactus

I actually prefer the Yellowjacket that came with Wonderman!
Old 04-07-2007, 09:26 PM   #19
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

You guys shouldn't bail so soon on the Marvel Legends line. I've got a strong feeling things are going to pick up very soon.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:29 PM   #20
rychehitman
Galactus

C'Mon Rily...It's Hasbro!