Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 09-29-2017, 06:56 PM   #211
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Ordered. Must have for any Punisher fan. Cool switchouts, realistic base, the detail on Frank, second to none!
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 07:20 PM   #212
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_be View Post
I've the XM Punisher and i can say it is an awesome Punisher ! I've got no issue with the paint , maybe more with the angle of the head, that's true, the bike is so well done... I've him displayed with the TroyMcDevitt custom head and he looks top notch with this CH.
You're right with proportions they are really good on this one and on the IS too for me. I like the fact that this is not an over muscled man . Let's hope now a Punisher by Prime 1 or one by Sideshow sculpted by Daniel Bel...a Checcheto version of the Punisher, that would be awesome !
Damn.. I totally forgot DB joined the Sideshow team. A Punisher made by that man would be absolutely EPIC! Either way - I agree with you about not being an over muscled man. Proportions are just right and the main focus is on the character - I can always appreciate a statue with a simple base. I feel with a lot of pieces latley, specifically from XM, that the base kind of takes away from the main attraction. This Punisher is the perfect ratio of base/character for me
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 07:22 PM   #213
Timothy
The Spirit

Ordered. Thank you to everyone here for letting me know the Punisher was up for PO because I did not see it on Sideshows website earlier today.
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:31 PM   #214
StatueJunky
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Ordered, I may need to work some more OT with all the IS PO''s I've had recently, but I couldn't have passed on this one.
StatueJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:02 PM   #215
Atheris
The Maxx

Got my order in, will be my first Iron studios piece. Fantastic looking statue.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:23 PM   #216
firefly76
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Ordered, Now give me my Vader please
firefly76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:07 PM   #217
Mister H
Gen 13

$700....damn. Oh well, best sculpt ever of my 3rd favorite character, gotta have it. I have some more Bowen's I can sell.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:47 PM   #218
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

WOW! Bandanna for the win!!

I liked the other head just a lot but I freaking love the look of this piece with the Bandanna. Pulled right from the cover of Jim Lee's Punisher War Journal.

So glad they included this second head with this piece.. Would have drove me nuts if I knew this version was out there and I could not get it.

Ordered!
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:47 PM   #219
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

lol I was looking at the pics and asking myself why the bandanna head was so much more appealing to me as it is just the same head sculpt but with different hair and a bandanna....

Well then I looked closer.. Those are two very different face sculpts... LOL...

This piece looks like it is shaping up to be the definitive mass produced Punisher. I loved the comiqeutte but it was 1/5 scale... I thought the XM was nice but sitting on a bike got old to me quick and so I sold him also.

This one hits all the marks.

My only issue is I am not sure I like the texture of the pants. They look more like melted leather and I would rather they went for a more dull paint. Perhaps in hand this will look more realistic.

I also wish he had short sleeves so he could show off his real GUNS... Plus it would break up the black...

Otherwise it;s perfect. Both head sculpts are killer and I will enjoy displaying both.
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 12:11 AM   #220
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Not particularly a fan of the Punisher but this piece is so unbelievably beautiful that I had to have it.

So I ordered it...
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote