Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-24-2018, 10:53 AM   #191
Gollum
The Herculoids

Harley is stunning I will be passing even though it probably is the best Harley available I want the Classic

It is a big base but nothing compared to Prime 1 Lobo

You need a table to display the deluxe version
Gollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:59 AM   #192
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
Harley is stunning I will be passing even though it probably is the best Harley available I want the Classic
This. I associate the classic with the animated series version. That's Harley to me. Not the New 52 version girl in short shorts with guns.

Hopefully a Hush version will come out.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:13 AM   #193
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
At this point, I've talked myself out of buying this. It's the most amazing Harley I've ever seen, but at the end of the day, I have nowhere to display a 25x26 base.
Maybe it's time to expand the house?

For Harley, at least.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:13 AM   #194
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i think its hard to appreciate how big it is without seeing it in person. (thats what she said) these 1/3 scale pieces always look like just another 1/4 scale in pictures until someone stands next to them or you have to put one on a shelf
Yeah, for me, it's not that I mind a big base. It is that this one is so large (both width and depth) that you're going to have a really hard time finding a spot for it.

This piece has width and depth dimensions quite a bit larger than even the half scale pieces. For example, the 1/2 Wonder Woman by Prime 1 is 18.5" W x 14.25" L.

I guess more money saved, and will enjoy everyone's pictures in 2021 once she starts rolling in
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:19 AM   #195
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
Maybe it's time to expand the house?

For Harley, at least.
Are you Jean-Victor Meyers?

I'm happy with this statue for the roller derby outfit. I have the Bruce Timm and Joelle Jones harlequin statues as far as the classic costume is concerned.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:22 AM   #196
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Prime1 has been making huge bases for a while, so I don't see why the fuss right now...

So it's interesting to see collectors shift the blame to companies for their own lack of self-control, when they should have never left the Bowen scale.
their arkham bases while large have always been "reasonably" sized given the scale and have a much smaller footprint than harley or deathstroke as they are the same average sized characters (not a killer croc, bane etc)

also i think lack of self control has very little or nothing to do with it, isnt the idea to want more than one of these? when theyre 3' wide and 3' tall or more they become difficult to display by themselves let alone with other pieces
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:26 AM   #197
Gothamite
Phoenix

I don't like fancy diorama bases unless they can connect. A bunch of themed bases that don't match look awful when crammed together.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:28 AM   #198
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post

It is a big base but nothing compared to Prime 1 Lobo

You need a table to display the deluxe version
For me Tweeterhead has the best classic Harley, it's 1/6 but they did an incredible job with the details on her.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:29 AM   #199
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Prime1 has been making huge bases for a while, so I don't see why the fuss right now.
Simple. This is a beautiful piece and it's drawing a lot of attention from collectors that don't normally venture into the 1/3 scale. Prime 1 has a history of listening to their customers. I see no reason why they wouldn't at least consider a request from a potential new pool of customers. It's just good business.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:58 AM   #200
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Prime1 has been making huge bases for a while, so I don't see why the fuss right now. The industry push towards 1/3 and bigger is just a way of producers sustaining their comfy profit margins as Chinese factories have raised costs over the years. Naturally, the best talent follows the money to the bigger scales as well.

So it's interesting to see collectors shift the blame to companies for their own lack of self-control, when they should have never left the Bowen scale.

Maybe if you leave all those 1/3 statues alone, companies will feel pressured to put their A-list talent back into smaller scales again. Prime1 is already taking the hint with their recent showing. They're not unstoppable. Neither is China.
Maybe the new P1 1/5th line is where alot of us need to start looking. This is how P1 has operated for a while now(large bases). Its like going into the XM thread and stating "all these dynamic poses are an issue". P1 is doing some amazing work but there is alot of great stuff in smaller scales. Honestly it would be nice to see how more collectors are dealing with 1/3rd statues as far as displaying them in general. Would help other collectors a bit.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote