Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 06-15-2023, 03:10 PM   #41
DSTZach
Distributor

I'll keep everyone posted, if it gets cancelled at specialty we may offer it elsewhere.
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 01:53 AM   #42
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Hey Zac, any chance of a devastator or bruticus in g1 style?
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 10:16 AM   #43
DSTZach
Distributor

I think our next two were going to be a classic cartoon Prime and Megatron, but I'll suggest it!
Old 07-15-2023, 11:25 AM   #44
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTZach View Post
I'll keep everyone posted, if it gets cancelled at specialty we may offer it elsewhere.
Several sellers have stated it?s cancelled now (Galvatron). Think it was just too expensive for simple resin. Looked cool but have to admit I was shocked on the price and don?t get the justification for it. Other statues you guys have done in the premiere line weren?t even half that.
Old 07-17-2023, 04:20 PM   #45
DSTZach
Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
Several sellers have stated it?s cancelled now (Galvatron). Think it was just too expensive for simple resin. Looked cool but have to admit I was shocked on the price and don?t get the justification for it. Other statues you guys have done in the premiere line weren?t even half that.
It's 16 inches tall. It's the size of one of our larger Milestones. I'll be honest, I would have rather it been a Gallery Diorama, but we'll see what happens.
Old 07-17-2023, 07:09 PM   #46
Aussiebot
The Spirit

Quote:
It's 16 inches tall. It's the size of one of our larger Milestones. I'll be honest, I would have rather it been a Gallery Diorama, but we'll see what happens.
It was simply over priced.This is what your paying customers are telling you. If you want to keep selling statues it might pay to listen.
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 11:36 PM   #47
extracomputer.1

Quote:
Guess from what I have in your premier line I didn?t see a difference. I have MANY from that line and you guys have done a great job on most of them. Would definitely be interested in checking it out again if it gets released in this detail again in another line. I liked the look.
Old 07-18-2023, 11:01 AM   #48
DSTZach
Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiebot View Post
It was simply over priced.This is what your paying customers are telling you. If you want to keep selling statues it might pay to listen.
Just because we make something that is more expensive than most of the things we sell doesn't mean it's "overpriced." It was a large statue. We didn't charge an inflated price for an inexpensive thing, it was expensive.

Now, should we have made such a large, expensive statue? Maybe not. We've done it before, with our Marvel Milestones line, including Thanos, Thor, and Gladiator Hulk. They were $4-500 each. They were great pieces, and we eventually sold out of all of them.

I have heard that Primal may still happen, not sure about the others. I will keep everyone posted.
Old 07-18-2023, 11:06 AM   #49
DSTZach
Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
Guess from what I have in your premier line I didn?t see a difference. I have MANY from that line and you guys have done a great job on most of them. Would definitely be interested in checking it out again if it gets released in this detail again in another line. I liked the look.
Most of our Premier statues are in the 10-12 inch range, depending on the pose and the base. They are usually around 1/7 scale. Obviously, scale has no meaning with a Transformer, but this has a large base and I think the figure alone is 12 inches tall. But I certainly understand people's reluctance to commit to a piece at that price. Hopefully we can revisit it, we had some Gallery Dioramas in the works that would have been much less expensive. Will keep everyone posted about those, as well.
Old 08-11-2023, 10:42 PM   #50
extracomputer.1

Well I didn’t see this one coming. Gallery grimlock is now also cancelled.
Zac does that mean transformers are going to not be done anymore?
Hopefully that’s not what that means but isn’t a good indication. Already figured prime and megatron may be a hard sell (was mentioned they were next on list but everyone has already done them). Would make more sense to do other popular characters besides the same 5 or 6 everyone has done…but wondering if the grimlock fail will kill the whole line.