Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-23-2020, 06:42 PM   #521
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
None of us can predict who will and won't do well with a role. It's all just speculation until it happens.

For me Pattinson has his work cut out for him to make me forget him as a sparkling vampire same way Eisenberg needed to make me forget him as a whiny douche (which he failed to do).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
I was actually talking about the teen heartthrobes getting hate for their past despite being good actors , Leonardo DiCaprio being another example.

Trust me as avid Vampire book reader noone despise Twilight more than me and even I think Bobby Pattinson can be a great Batman.
I never watched the Twilight movies, thank goodness. Maybe watching Pattinson in some of his critically acclaimed movies would help. He was INSANE in The Lighthouse
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 06:45 PM   #522
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
I never watched the Twilight movies, thank goodness. Maybe watching Pattinson in some of his critically acclaimed movies would help. He was INSANE in The Lighthouse
Yeah the lad is getting his due.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 06:46 PM   #523
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I think that is eye make up for when he has the Bat mask on. Seems like he just took off the Bat suit and is putting on a motorcycle helmet to hide it so he can get away from people.
Exactly. i feel confident in speaking for Matt Reeves when I say Bruce Wayne won't be constantly out and about with black eye makeup on. Sheesh...
Old 08-23-2020, 06:56 PM   #524
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Its hilarious - there can be a blue Nebula, a green Gamora, a talking raccoon, a talking TREE, purple Thanos, but make Gordon a black man and nerd lose their minds. LOL

Representation only matters if its white male representation, I suppose.
Old 08-23-2020, 06:57 PM   #525
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Anyway, the trailer looks SICK. Just SICK
Old 08-23-2020, 10:12 PM   #526
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I’m just sitting here thinking....yep, I always said I would give him a chance. How right I was

And who the f**k gives a damn if Gordon is black? Wright is a great actor. I didn’t see a ton of uproar when Fury was played by Jackson. Last I checked, cannon comic Fury was most assuredly a white dude. He wasn’t black until the Ultimates.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 10:56 PM   #527
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I’m just sitting here thinking....yep, I always said I would give him a chance. How right I was

And who the f**k gives a damn if Gordon is black? Wright is a great actor. I didn’t see a ton of uproar when Fury was played by Jackson. Last I checked, cannon comic Fury was most assuredly a white dude. He wasn’t black until the Ultimates.
It's only an issue if you're expecting a red haired Batgirl, but I doubt she shows up in the movies.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 11:33 PM   #528
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Bruh both 89 and BTAS had African American Two-face, who effin cares? We do live in 2020, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The way I see it they're just giving opportunities for minorities to be in Comic Book movies... if they didn't do this then the majority of the cast would always be white actors.

A lot of these comic book characters were created back in the 30's-50's for white kids to read, so all the characters were basically white... If you were to believe comic books back then, minorities didn't exist in Gotham or Metropolis just white people did...
So now we're rationalizing and saying its ok to race bend pander because its 2020? Just because its all the rage now doesnt make it the right thing to do. I remeber a time when you guys were against such things. Sorry I wont give in to that culture. Plenty of other opportunities to represent or diversify.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 11:49 PM   #529
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
So now we're rationalizing and saying its ok to race bend pander because its 2020? Just because its all the rage now doesnt make it the right thing to do. I remeber a time when you guys were against such things. Sorry I wont give in to that culture. Plenty of other opportunities to represent or diversify.
Enjoy being a bigot much?
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 11:55 PM   #530
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
I've only ever been against if it doesn't make any sense, like a Russian Black Panther, or Hispanic Shang Chi, etc. etc.

Nothing about Jim Gordon says he needs to be white except that he was created in the 40's.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote