Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 01-09-2021, 11:58 PM   #171
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Thanks for the kind words guys, it's very much appreciated. Even Chad from Tweeterhead liked it! Here's one last pic before I start Wolverine back up:

Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 01:40 PM   #172
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Put some time in before the games begin today. Shot the eyes and teeth white, did the yellow base coat, some grey on the base, and started the brown.

Old 01-12-2021, 08:12 PM   #173
Karnis
Blue Falcon

New additions to the collection today... Tweeterhead 1/6 Green Lantern and Prime 1 Studios 1/5 Batman Arkham City:

Old 01-16-2021, 06:07 PM   #174
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Moving right along... finished both sets of gloves, just need to do the black on the boots and they're done, starting work on the masked face.

Shading on the legs... subtle but effective. You don't want to go crazy because yellow doesn't cover well so it's tough to blend smoothly.
And with the deep cut musculature I think more deeper shading would be overkill. My overhead lights are blowing it out a bit, too.

Hoping to do the belt tomorrow.
Old 01-23-2021, 05:24 PM   #175
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Finished the bottom half of the body. He's starting to look like an actual Wolverine LOL. Next is the upper body...arms, yellow sides, brown chest in that order. Then the head sculpts, the claws and eventually the base.

Old 01-29-2021, 04:44 PM   #176
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Just got word my next project is shipping soon. It's absolutely beautiful and might be the baddest assed Superman statue I've ever seen...Alex Ross 1/4 scale with 3 heads, two upper bodies, two belts, two S shields...and an effing bald eagle. Stunning.
I got really lucky getting this kit. I joined the group after it sold out, but someone had to give up their PO and I got it. Whew!

Old 01-29-2021, 05:12 PM   #177
Dvdidi
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

WoW, congrats, looks awesome!
Dvdidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 05:30 PM   #178
Y3E
Gen 13

Fantastic, diverse collection! Very clean display too. Love the Star Trek ship. Is it the Reliant?

Love your kits too and thank for taking pics of the progress build up and painting. You have serious talent. Love the Captain America kit.

I never realized how big the 1/3 Hush Superman is compared to other 1/4 statues. I think I would like to get one now but not a fan of the face. Does the head separate from the body?

Thanks!
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 05:30 PM   #179
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvdidi View Post
WoW, congrats, looks awesome!
It's an unpainted kit from a FB private group so I'll be painting it...hope to have it in a few weeks.
Old 01-29-2021, 05:46 PM   #180
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Fantastic, diverse collection! Very clean display too. Love the Star Trek ship. Is it the Reliant?

Love your kits too and thank for taking pics of the progress build up and painting. You have serious talent. Love the Captain America kit.

I never realized how big the 1/3 Hush Superman is compared to other 1/4 statues. I think I would like to get one now but not a fan of the face. Does the head separate from the body?

Thanks!
It is!

Thanks for the kind words. I built models like the Reliant for several years but the enamel paints and lacquer thinners were getting harsh on my hands so last spring right when the pandemic hit hard I said better now than never and started learning to paint statues. I learn something with every new project...like how much more I have to learn.

The Hush Superman stands about 42" overall and he's 25" by himself. It comes with three swap out heads. There's also a black version with no cape and different heads...with beards. And more hair. Lots more hair.