Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 07-25-2013, 12:05 AM   #1
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Gentle Giant's Shanna the She-Devil / Jungle Girl Statue

Time to start a thread for this beautiful statue. Who doesn't have a thing for jungle girls? Anyway, Hellboy I hope it's ok to use your links.

This is pretty much the Shanna / Jungle Girl statue to get. Perhaps Sideshow might one day come out with a curvier version. But it really doesn't matter. It's like Dave Stevens' original Sheena drawing vs his newer version that's more muscular. They are both awesome. Only a Bettie Page Jungle Girl could come close to topping this statue.

I seriously hope Gentle Giant doesn't get crazy on the price. This should be a fairly high edition size. And besides she's basically wearing very little. No reason to get to Honey Trap prices. This will be the center piece of my Jungle Girl collection.

ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:09 AM   #2
nemesisenforcer

Yeah I saw this one and it is one of the statues I would not mind adding this to my collection.
nemesisenforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:12 AM   #3
Luminous
Cyclops

I have to say, in person, she wasn't as impressive as I initially thought she was. Still a great looking piece, but I think I can easily pass.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:32 AM   #4
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

This is one where I don't think the clear base suits it that well. I'd rather see some jungle terrain to go with the detailed dinosaur sculpt.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:36 AM   #5
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
This is one where I don't think the clear base suits it that well. I'd rather see some jungle terrain to go with the detailed dinosaur sculpt.
I was just thinking that. It does detract from the overall piece, however is that clear disc just part of the display stand that it appears to be attached to? Maybe they're still working on the base.
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:52 AM   #6
toyzplz
Death is hereditary.

I'm curious if Marvel will censor the underboob showing and make GG resculpt/tweak that. They did on Bowen's Goblin Queen.

And that curiosity makes me wonder if GG will tell anyone ahead of time if they make that change or if they'll lead people on thinking it'll be seen as is. By the time they solicit it for sale it should be finalized and approved I suppose.
toyzplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:58 AM   #7
ReplicantSavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyzplz View Post
I'm curious if Marvel will censor the underboob showing and make GG resculpt/tweak that. They did on Bowen's Goblin Queen.

And that curiosity makes me wonder if GG will tell anyone ahead of time if they make that change or if they'll lead people on thinking it'll be seen as is. By the time they solicit it for sale it should be finalized and approved I suppose.
The underboob is so slight I don't see why they would mess with it. Plus, the price point will be such that a change might and should alter sales.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:30 AM   #8
VS1976

Great looking statue but the base just suck. Wish if had a jungle theme base instead of the clear acrylic base.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:13 AM   #9
Zer0
New Republic

There's a tremendous amount of detail on this statue. Tell me it's reasonably priced and not 6" tall and it's bought.
Zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #10
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

This is a really great looking statue. Her face is gorgeous, and the body is greatly sculpted with just the right amount of muscle.

Does anyone who went to the con have an idea of size/scale? I thought I read somewhere that she was looking to be 1/4 (18" size) similar to the SP and HT girls.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote