Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-01-2024, 07:17 AM   #1
clockwork463
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

How can Prime 1 possibly plan to sustain itself at this rate?!

Am I uhh misreading the room here?? The amount of statues this company is releasing combined with the absolutely ridiculously inflated prices seems like it's creating a situation that will make it nearly impossible to completely sell a majority of their stock overall in the future.

Their page on bbts is like ten straight pages of statues 1k to 4k that is just sitting there, and they just announced like 20 new statues that are inevitably going to be even more expensive. What are these people smoking?? Who tf is going to buy all these overstocked statues? Wtf is going on with this company???!! Is this like a ponzi scheme or something?
clockwork463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 07:54 AM   #2
Mister H
Youngblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwork463 View Post
Am I uhh misreading the room here?? The amount of statues this company is releasing combined with the absolutely ridiculously inflated prices seems like it's creating a situation that will make it nearly impossible to completely sell a majority of their stock overall in the future.

Their page on bbts is like ten straight pages of statues 1k to 4k that is just sitting there, and they just announced like 20 new statues that are inevitably going to be even more expensive. What are these people smoking?? Who tf is going to buy all these overstocked statues? Wtf is going on with this company???!! Is this like a ponzi scheme or something?
I don't know dude, I just hope they actually release Flashpoint Bats, Hush Bats, TDKR Bats and Phantasm Bats in 1/4 scale like they teased. After that they can dry up and blow away for all I would care.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 08:25 AM   #3
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

It's a front for money laundering.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 08:33 AM   #4
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Prime1 has more people employed in their Product Development department than they do at the factories.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 08:49 AM   #5
God
Frackin!

I believe that Prime 1 will be okay. They have positioned themselves to be able to produce statues across many different properties. Because of this, they are able to prioritize projects in properties that are doing well, and deprioritize in others that aren't doing as great.

For us, we may see that they have plenty of items in stock, but we won't be privy to the true numbers. I think the biggest sign of things going bad is if their amount of products went down significantly. However, they're still producing, so they've determined that there are enough buyers in the market.
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 09:22 AM   #6
BiaLos
Fantastic Four

I think Prime1 is doing much better than people give them credit for.

Just looking at the numbers from SideShow on total Prime1 offerings most of their statues are either sold out or waitlisted.

They have a little more than a dozen instock that are available now, while the rest are all preorders that haven't released.

Those numbers to me reflect a company that is not struggling but thriving in todays economy still.

Also the fact that they are getting into the 1/4 scale market now will mean even more business for them as it will take away business from others now.

my 2cents.
BiaLos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 09:29 AM   #7
Mister H
Youngblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiaLos View Post
I think Prime1 is doing much better than people give them credit for.

Those numbers to me reflect a company that is not struggling but thriving in todays economy still.

my 2cents.
I hope so.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 09:50 AM   #8
KiDD
Birdman

I think it's safe to say that they have huge markets in Europe and Asia - also some of their licenses (mainly Berserk) sell like hot cakes no matter how many pieces they pump out.
KiDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 09:53 AM   #9
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

I don’t think it’s a question of whether or not Prime1 is in trouble TODAY. From what I’ve seen, people are starting to question whether or not Prime1’s business strategy is sustainable long-term.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 10:14 AM   #10
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
It's a front for money laundering.
That...that actually would make a lot of sense to be honest.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote