Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-10-2013, 10:30 PM   #861
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

ok just got back from this movie. im glad i saw it on the big screen. i was going to just wait for the DVD. im glad i didn't.
have to admit i really liked it. was alot better than i thought it would be. i still wish Cavill was taller and that horrendous suit was more reminiscent to the original costume. but i kept telling my self throughout the film he was taller and just kept imagining him in the classic superman suit..LOL
but this was one hell of a flick man. the fight scenes where just what they should have been and what i would expect in an updated superman film should be.
and i really loved the kids who played the younger Clark. i thought they did a heck of a job.
and i will say. it was quite emotional at times. it really tugged on those heart strings in certain scenes.
looking forward to the next one.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:17 PM   #862
built2shred
Phoenix

Man of Steel stands at $619 million after this weekend... It still going strong overseas. I'm betting $700m - $750m when all is said and done..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:24 PM   #863
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Man of Steel stands at $619 million after this weekend... It still going strong overseas. I'm betting $700m - $750m when all is said and done..
Not sure if that is realistic. The movie is already out of at least half the theaters it was in - domestically it only made about 5 million - it doesn't have any more major markets to open up in... I think it will end it's run with 650 or slightly more - but 700 million is out of reach.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:49 PM   #864
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

The film has yet to be released in Japan (30 Aug) so it has that as a source, but I do agree that a final of $700M is possible, but unlikely.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:57 AM   #865
built2shred
Phoenix

Either way it's been a great run for the movie and ensures a 2nd MOS and possibly other DC Comic based movies...
Old 07-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #866
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Domestically it also sits 10th all time amongst comic movies; in fact it is the only one in the top 10 not featuring Batman, Iron Man, or Spidey.

I am so happy that this one was a success after the negative reviews unfairly levelled at it.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #867
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

How the hell Supes found out about the Kryptonian ship, first he was on the road then Lois arrived at that place and bam, he's already there, maybe a took a micro sleep.

IMHO it was too much mayhem at the end that I thought I was watching suddenly a 2012 kind of movie.

I quite like it, I really wanted to like it.
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:04 PM   #868
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by THECLOWN KNIGHT View Post
How the hell Supes found out about the Kryptonian ship, first he was on the road then Lois arrived at that place and bam, he's already there, maybe a took a micro sleep.

IMHO it was too much mayhem at the end that I thought I was watching suddenly a 2012 kind of movie.

I quite like it, I really wanted to like it.
He was listening in on the two Canadian Military men he was serving at the bar that were talking about the discovery that the American Military had come set up on. There is also a time delay between that scene and Lois as he has changed jobs and is working for that arctic moving co under cover when she arrives.

Regardless if there is a coincidence or two it is nothing compared to the one continuous series of coincidences that propelled the Amazing Spider-man forward. (Though I did enjoy ASM)
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:16 AM   #869
built2shred
Phoenix

IMO I don't think Iron Man would've done as good without Robert Downy JR, he's the heart and soul of Iron Man / Avengers, when he retires from the part it's going to be a tough go for those franchises..

The funny part is the Studio didn't want him at first...
Old 07-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #870
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

http://m.youtube.com/watch?utm_mediu...wed%2BToday%29
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote