Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 03-06-2019, 01:30 AM   #121
wayne-m0
The Spirit

I agree mate, so with the final edition release most likely less than the 100 I wonder if that makes them more sought after in the future long term. They may have pitched these a little too high and not judged the market so well. Regardless, its a stunning looking piece and I feel for me the best one. Had to sell my hind teeth in order to secure one for shipping to the UK which just bumps up the price by a large margin and a fair chunk just blown away by giving to our wonderful govt in taxes! I just hope its worth it and that's the price one has to pay in order to get one and just hope it looks as great in real life up close and personal.
wayne-m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:06 AM   #122
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I was thinking they might sell 30-40. I think they sold around that many for the first one, but it was $2500 cheaper. Version 2 is a fantastic piece, but that price will keep a lot of people away. Plus, the short preorder window and "buy now or forever miss out!" advertising may have cost them more orders than they gained. Not many people are going to be quick to part with $10k. Rushing the decision usually makes people take a step back.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 01:12 PM   #123
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Yes mate totally agree with you and its a big sacrifice to spend out on this piece no doubt about it but I guess if you want one stunning piece on show and feel its the best then its worth the push to try to secure one at the cost of some other collection grails. I doubt it will ever be declared how many were sold. Only time will answer how good it looks on display. Maybe the last piece I ever go for as all will be spent on this one :-(
Old 03-06-2019, 02:18 PM   #124
clutch
Sailor Moon

The thing on my mind is when will we see the first one in the wild?
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 05:17 PM   #125
wayne-m0
The Spirit

late 2019 or even later hopefully so I can have time to get the cash together!!! Its no small change!
Old 03-06-2019, 08:03 PM   #126
Kriegsfuerst
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
If you are willing to purchase and Endo and willing to pay exact shipping to your location, drop me an email please.

Paul

pfrancis@chroniclecollectibles.com
Guys Chronicle definitely has dropped the ball.
You all saw this post. Well I did write him. Over 1 month ago. Told him I was willing to order but needed an estimate on the shipping.
Two weeks passed, I wrote again. This guy "Paul" asked me for more patience. Ok
Another 2 weeks passed, I asked again for an estimated shipping quote. I mean if I ask any company located in a 3rd world country for a shipping quote, I think I wouldn't have to wait a bloody month. Well Paul replied and asked why I was in such a hurry. They would be working on it and they will inform international customers about shipping costs to their various destinations.
Guys, just a reminder. That was 5 days ago and tomorrow that endo will disappear on Chronicles homepage and it will become $ 1000.- more expensive with Cinemaquette.
So I replied that I was kind in a hurry because of the deadline.
Next thing Paul replies, that he didn't know about a deadline.... ( Ok, what exactly is Paul's position in that company again ?) He promised to look for shipping quotes and I quote "asap". Yesterday I wrote again and offered to place an order even without knowing their sipping price. (I mean I've ordered their 1st version, so I knew the drill and what to expect) But as their webpage still had the same disclaimer "only local distribution" I wanted to have a confirmation from Paul if I can place the order. His reply was and I quote again " Go ahead and place an order and I will authorize the purchase". So I placed my order, my credit card was charged for the $ 2'000.- deposit.
Today comes the big surprise. Got an e-mail from Chronicle stating that my order was canceled.
My deposit was refunded. I checked online and I already got a deficit due to currency conversion.
I immediately wrote Paul again and do you guys want to know what he wrote me?
Quote: "Unfortunately I have no control over my partner in Tx"

So why the frenchtoast ask us international customers in this very forum to directly write him in the first place ???????

Well to moral of the story; I saved 10 grand, will never ever visit their FB page again and I just hope, really hope from the bottom of my heart that Chronicle won't be able to acquire any Terminator license at all like never EVER again !!
Kriegsfuerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 01:22 AM   #127
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

I'd be pissed too if it really went down like you say, that is a major screw up.

How are some other international guys getting them, where did you order yours Wayne?
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 02:46 AM   #128
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Hi mate ok no problem getting one ordered into the UK and I have my deposit already taken but its a whooping £13000 guys with import duty and shipping. I also reserved their T-Rex 1/5 scale version too which was not supposed to be available outside USA. Only reason is and SIDESHOW JUST AS BAD that I have two Terminator Endoskeletons V2 ordered from them and paid a year ago and was told imminent shipping and a year on WHALLAH nothing received. Due out July Aug this year. So they have my cash and NO PRODUCT. So, two due in at some point brand new I am selling off to pay for the Chronicle version as I still believe it to be the best. I have had Chronicle pieces and cinemaquette and the quality is superb. TRY THIS COMPANY IN THE UK THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET YOU ONE IN IF YOU PREPARED TO PAY THE MAD PRICE LIKE ME
https://www.collectiblesdirect.co.uk/
Talk to Lee and he will help you out I am sure. So this is for UK import. Any issues let me know. I have another contact also who can get pieces from the USA into the UK. If I end up having an issue with my Sideshows being sold, this piece from Chronicle may end up for sale anyway likely at less than I paid for it but them's the breaks for being an addicted collector or a fool one or the other!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2019, 03:40 AM   #129
Kriegsfuerst
A day without sunshine is like... night.

@67L88Stingray
Hey I still don't believe it by myself. Sounds like a story from 1001 night, where a self proclaimed Nigerian Prince makes you a certain promise.... And this comparison of words is not even too far fetched as right now I feel like a dealt with a company located somwhere in deepest darkest Africa instead of operating from the leading country of capitalism & innovation in the free world. Anyway, I have the whole e-mail conversation. PM me for screenshots if you don't believe me. Anybody may pm me, who doesn't believe me.

@wayne-mO
the whole reason I wanted to order directly from Chronicle was that Cinemaquette doesn't have a distributor in my country. I know of several dealers in Germany or the UK who offer this endo. But I would have to pay 2 times shipping cost, 2 times custom taxes, fees and VAT and deal 2 times with currency conversion.
wayne-m0 I wish you much joy with your endo.

Oh and I just remember, the Nigerian prince also stated in his e-mail conversation, that they received several inquiries from international customers and they are working on it. Right now I even have doubts that was true at all. I probably was the only fool here falling for his appeal to contact him. Guess it was his cunning way to show the community that he listens to us and that our opinions count... hear...hear !
Kriegsfuerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 05:04 AM   #130
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Yes mate I completely agree with you to get the ENDO into the UK with our rip off import taxes the ENDO is now over £13000!!!!!! Quite a mark up from the US price but I guess there is no choice if you want it badly enough you will pay it I guess. Hence why millionares pay hundreads of thousands OR more for paintings which I think look crap but its all a matter of taste. Will I regret it going for this? Short term yes as its costing me so much but I hope long term I will just be able to look at it and think yup this is the one that has that extra wow factor and likely as I say that with not that many produced unlike mass production of sideshow these will be highly sought after in future. Good luck mate anyhow. If I end up selling mine in future then it will just be a case of packing and shipping it to another country if needs be! You may still get the chance of getting one at some point> I wish you luck Sir