Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

Old 11-20-2005, 06:35 PM   #111
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblakey1
Do you have one of the originals Ghost? There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's a great sculpt and I paid top dollar for it with no regrets.

By using the word "tweaked" that tells me there will be something different from the original so the original will not lose it's value. As a collector, I'd much rather have an original with its "flaws" over a re-do any day. That's what makes it collectable.

Out of curiosity though, I'll pick up this "new" one just to say I have it (and because I can ). IMO, the first is the best and this recast is just to pad Clay's wallet 'til he secures a decent license and to let the ones who missed the boat the first time around get their hands on one. I seriously doubt though that it will be a much better piece.
I'm probably more heavily invested(financially) in this statue than most of you. I paid $660 for a factory counter-sample of the original from Moore's brother because I love the sculpt so much. I'm a little ticked off about this AP being released, but I don't regret my purchase. What I have is unique, being that there are only a few in existence, and it will remain one of the centerpieces of my collection.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:02 PM   #112
HardHeroine
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Hi there!

Does anyone have some news about the recast? Can't find anything on the new Moore page...

Since I had to sell my original Aphrodite IX two years ago ² I now wonder, if it is worth to buy the one on ebay for example (as a self-christmas-gift ) or to wait for a recast..

..Sure, there's nothing atop the original, but Aphrodite IX isn't an inexpensive one...so do you have some advice?

Last edited by nbr3bagshotrow; 12-01-2005 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Buy/Sell/Trade rule violation. No links to auctions.
HardHeroine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 12:33 AM   #113
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardHeroine
Hi there!

Does anyone have some news about the recast? Can't find anything on the new Moore page...

Since I had to sell my original Aphrodite IX two years ago ² I now wonder, if it is worth to buy the one on ebay for example (as a self-christmas-gift ) or to wait for a recast..

..Sure, there's nothing atop the original, but Aphrodite IX isn't an inexpensive one...so do you have some advice?
If I didn't have mine, and were in your position, I would wait and see what happens with the AP.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote