Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-24-2013, 10:38 PM   #1491
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Sure there were lots of returns, mine was great but had very small chip off one of pig tails and they wouldnt give me new hair piece only offered $20! HAHAH I guess you cant see it when displayed but still annoying non the less!!
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:46 PM   #1492
coolandwarm
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Sure there were lots of returns, mine was great but had very small chip off one of pig tails and they wouldnt give me new hair piece only offered $20! HAHAH I guess you cant see it when displayed but still annoying non the less!!
same for me on scarlet witch chip on the neck, they said
Because the chip on your figure would be covered by the cape, if you would like to keep your Scarlet Witch as is, we can offer you a $35.00 Sideshow Collectibles credit. Come one if i wanted a statue with a chip for 35 dollars less I wouldnt of ordered it. As a collector I dont spend this amount on an item and be okay with chips and just because its on the neck does not make it ok for them to be offer this deal as a satisfactory. I may be ok since its not noticeable with the cape but if in the future i decide to trade it for another statue do you think that someone is going to look at this as a $35 difference hell no for one they may not want it depending on how picky they are and who will blame anyone these are not $10 toys.
coolandwarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:03 PM   #1493
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolandwarm View Post
same for me on scarlet witch chip on the neck, they said
Because the chip on your figure would be covered by the cape, if you would like to keep your Scarlet Witch as is, we can offer you a $35.00 Sideshow Collectibles credit. Come one if i wanted a statue with a chip for 35 dollars less I wouldnt of ordered it. As a collector I dont spend this amount on an item and be okay with chips and just because its on the neck does not make it ok for them to be offer this deal as a satisfactory. I may be ok since its not noticeable with the cape but if in the future i decide to trade it for another statue do you think that someone is going to look at this as a $35 difference hell no for one they may not want it depending on how picky they are and who will blame anyone these are not $10 toys.
Exactly! Thank you! Even though you can't see my chip on babydolls hair I still know its there and it bugs me because i have ocd with my figures being as nice as they can! Also, even if its covered by cape that still doesn't change fact that the item is not mint and wasn't mint even before you opened it!! It's bull crap that they think this is acceptable! Then let's say you go to sell this on eBay to pay for new figure! Who wants to buy figures that have defects in them??

Due to Sideshow not replacing broken or defective pieces after this year I'm taking break from ordering so much and only going to order the must haves and I'm going to order two that way if I need to exchange few pieces in each box to make one perfect figure! Then ill return the broken or defected one at no charge since it was damaged!! Should of done this long time ago!? Thing is its very sad that I have to even talk about that strategy when I just want one good product that comes out great!!
Old 04-26-2013, 04:59 AM   #1494
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Exactly! Thank you! Even though you can't see my chip on babydolls hair I still know its there and it bugs me because i have ocd with my figures being as nice as they can! Also, even if its covered by cape that still doesn't change fact that the item is not mint and wasn't mint even before you opened it!! It's bull crap that they think this is acceptable! Then let's say you go to sell this on eBay to pay for new figure! Who wants to buy figures that have defects in them??

Due to Sideshow not replacing broken or defective pieces after this year I'm taking break from ordering so much and only going to order the must haves and I'm going to order two that way if I need to exchange few pieces in each box to make one perfect figure! Then ill return the broken or defected one at no charge since it was damaged!! Should of done this long time ago!? Thing is its very sad that I have to even talk about that strategy when I just want one good product that comes out great!!
Is it official now they won't replace broken or defective parts after this year? This will make collecting very difficult if something comes damage. Even now on my returns I must agree to settle for a small refund before I can get a replacement part. Otherwise it's not offered as a option just to get the part needed. So is this a new policy?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:17 AM   #1495
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:

I was thinking about doing that with my Storm PF. If Sideshow was going to deny replacements, I was just going to order a regular, switch-out the broken parts and return it. I guess if they play dirty, we can too. I can't see them denying replacements with the initial shipment. If they do, they will need to take a larger interest in their assembly across seas.

As for your damaged pieces, I would try as hard as possible to get a suitable replacement. Especially if you are worried about selling the piece down the road. Defects reduce second market pricing by quite a lot.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #1496
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnneeukca View Post
Got my EX today. No paint problems, no pigtail problems. Magnets are a but weak but I'm not gonna go around shaking the statue and I don't live in am earthquake zone so no biggie. Slight problem with the sword though. Got a blemish where it looks like some glue has splashed on it. Will hopefully get a replacement for the sword. No 117.
Got an email yesterday and they are sending me a replacement sword arm!
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #1497
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Congrats! I think the reason they aren't doing replacements is for areas where you don't see them when displayed but the item is not classified as mint anymore in my eyes! And as collectors we shouldn't open new collectible to find out on day one its not even mint! That is complete rubbish especially when spending this kind of money!! If it was $10-20 toy I wouldn't be this flamed! But this figures are now on average! $300-500 / figure!!
Old 04-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #1498
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Quote:
Congrats! I think the reason they aren't doing replacements is for areas where you don't see them when displayed but the item is not classified as mint anymore in my eyes! And as collectors we shouldn't open new collectible to find out on day one its not even mint! That is complete rubbish especially when spending this kind of money!! If it was $10-20 toy I wouldn't be this flamed! But this figures are now on average! $300-500 / figure!!
Totally agree. I still think the recent price increases are way, way more than an increase in manufacturing costs.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #1499
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnneeukca View Post
Totally agree. I still think the recent price increases are way, way more than an increase in manufacturing costs.
My opinion is that rather than fix their QC issues they've just increased the prices of their items to cover all of the $30 discounts that they have to hand out so that they don't see any hit to their profits.
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #1500
Freezi
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Here a shot of my new Babydoll and Psylocke PFs. Together they looks great! Two hotties!

Freezi is offline   Reply With Quote