Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 05-30-2012, 09:22 PM   #101
mez
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Royd, does Nicola ever bring blank 11x17 comic art pages to cons? The more I think of this, the more I want a hugh range of artists to draw small figures on the jam and the less I want to pay hugh amounts for big artists.

I know Nicola would knock it out of the park while still having reasonable rates.
mez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:03 AM   #102
Royd
Producer
Producer

No, she uses a sketch pad which is not as large as 11" x 17" in size. If you want to put together a jam piece on 11" x 17" paper, I'd go to a comic shop or art suppliers and hopefully locate/purchase some comic artboard/paper.

With the number of talented artists attending, I'm sure you'll be able to work out something reasonable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez View Post
Royd, does Nicola ever bring blank 11x17 comic art pages to cons? The more I think of this, the more I want a hugh range of artists to draw small figures on the jam and the less I want to pay hugh amounts for big artists.

I know Nicola would knock it out of the park while still having reasonable rates.
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #103
Rocket
Art of Mod

Just wanted to let you guys know Jim and I were chatting last night and amongst other things () he let me know that he'll be charging 200.00 for headshots at the cons, which is a markdown from his usual US con rates
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #104
Woody
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Just wanted to let you guys know Jim and I were chatting last night and amongst other things () he let me know that he'll be charging 200.00 for headshots at the cons, which is a markdown from his usual US con rates
That Rocket, always chatting with the stars

So is it headshots only for Jim as someone mentioned already? (Not that I can afford anything beyond that anyway)
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #105
Royd
Producer
Producer

Hey Rodders,

Thanks for the update! Glad you nailed down the sketch rate from Jim Best,

Royd

Quote:
Old 06-09-2012, 04:34 AM   #106
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
That Rocket, always chatting with the stars

So is it headshots only for Jim as someone mentioned already? (Not that I can afford anything beyond that anyway)
LOL, you heading over for either of the cons Ry??

It's only headshots at the con from Jim, yep
Old 06-09-2012, 04:36 AM   #107
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
Hey Rodders,

Thanks for the update! Glad you nailed down the sketch rate from Jim Best,

Royd
Cheers mate! And thanks for the offer of a pickup on my stuff also! Steve has VERY graciously offered to help with a piece I've organised from Peter and getting Jim to add to it and also picking up another piece for me, but if he's somehow unable to, I'll be sure to give you a frantic call
Old 06-09-2012, 05:58 AM   #108
Royd
Producer
Producer

No worries mate, you know that Wrothy and I have your back here in Perth

Quote:
Cheers mate! And thanks for the offer of a pickup on my stuff also! Steve has VERY graciously offered to help with a piece I've organised from Peter and getting Jim to add to it and also picking up another piece for me, but if he's somehow unable to, I'll be sure to give you a frantic call
Old 06-09-2012, 06:23 AM   #109
Woody
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
LOL, you heading over for either of the cons Ry??

It's only headshots at the con from Jim, yep
Yep mate, flying to Sydney Friday night, gotta get home by Saturday night though. Hasn't been easy to organise getting there, but I'll be an inconsolable mess if I can't get something from Jim and Tony Moore!

I'm also coming over for Melbourne Oz Con, but that one's going to be a family road trip with a few days holiday afterwards. Two cons in three weeks, cannot wait!
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:50 AM   #110
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Yep mate, flying to Sydney Friday night, gotta get home by Saturday night though. Hasn't been easy to organise getting there, but I'll be an inconsolable mess if I can't get something from Jim and Tony Moore!

I'm also coming over for Melbourne Oz Con, but that one's going to be a family road trip with a few days holiday afterwards. Two cons in three weeks, cannot wait!
Oh wow mate, action packed!!

Will be great to catch up in Melbourne, we really should organise a SF dinner\meetup on the Saturday evening especially with yourself, Luke and Steve all trekking in from out of state!