Old 05-08-2019, 11:08 AM   #101
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I like their portrayal of Strange.
Agreed.

I don't have a problem with most of what MCU does and the movies are GREAT despite some questionable character directions that have been taken.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 12:12 PM   #102
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Saw it last weekend, overall great movie. Really ticked Hulk got sidelined in both movies. He's the most powerful member of the team, yes even more powerful than captain marvel, and they made him a little b!tch. I was expecting him to hand Thanos his own ass...never happened.

And why was his arm still messed up after the snap, that should of healed itself in seconds...com'on Russo's. He's got a greater healing factor than Wolverine or Deadpool. Complete waste of a great character.

Hope they make a proper Hulk movie some day that shows Hulks real power.

Chris
Thanos was still visibly injured long after using the gauntlet--even more so than Hulk. So I have no problem with Hulk not healing by the movie's end. He served his purpose in bringing half of the universe's population back to life. No one else could have done that.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 12:14 PM   #103
ParisDean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
My theory is the Russo bros, as capable as they are, didn't know what to do with Thor and Hulk. If they kept them as powerful as they should be it would have made writing the movies a lot harder for them because of the power level of not only one but two heroes. They took the easy way out as far as I'm concerned. Even with CM being so grossly over-powered in the movie, she was only there for a few scant minutes. Neither Hulk nor Thor ever got the treatment they deserved in the movies.
Thor got the treatment he deserved at the end of Infinity War. He turned the tide of the battle in Wakanda when he showed up with Stormbreaker.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:24 PM   #104
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Thanos was still visibly injured long after using the gauntlet--even more so than Hulk. So I have no problem with Hulk not healing by the movie's end. He served his purpose in bringing half of the universe's population back to life. No one else could have done that.
Makes sense but I think I read an article synopsis that Russo bros say Hulk's damage is permanent. If so, further proff that they don't understand the character and are taking the on-screen version of the character father and farther from the roots in comics. I don't mind a little rework for the MCU but there is a line of reason-ability.

CAF
Old 05-08-2019, 01:46 PM   #105
ParisDean

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
Makes sense but I think I read an article synopsis that Russo bros say Hulk's damage is permanent. If so, further proff that they don't understand the character and are taking the on-screen version of the character father and farther from the roots in comics. I don't mind a little rework for the MCU but there is a line of reason-ability.
I found the same quote stating the damage to Hulk's arm is permanent and don't like it either. The directors did also say Thanos' injuries were permanent too so at least they are consistent. But then they went on to say:

"Who knows? There's a lot of really smart people left. Maybe somebody helps him repair that. Maybe somebody gives him a new arm. Who knows? I have no idea where that character goes from here."

Which to me means if another director can give Hulk back his arm then they are okay with that.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:52 PM   #106
Augen
Metal Men

Russo are gone so anything they say can be altered by next creative team.

Over all I think those two did an amazing job with Winter Soldier, Civil War, infinity War, and Endgame. After Whedon left I was concerned, but they showed they could make good films while dealing with corporate.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 03:03 PM   #107
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Thanos doesn't have re-gen abilities, Hulk does...and then some. Makes no sense he got stuck like that.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 03:06 PM   #108
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Even after the snap and the damage to his arm, the Hulk was still in the final battle. Would have liked for him to have had a rematch with Thanos. As for his regeneration, I do think there should have been some indication of healing in the days following the snap.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 03:20 PM   #109
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
Even after the snap and the damage to his arm, the Hulk was still in the final battle. Would have liked for him to have had a rematch with Thanos. As for his regeneration, I do think there should have been some indication of healing in the days following the snap.
exactly, even a hint of green or a finger twitching, ... something

CAF
Old 05-08-2019, 03:22 PM   #110
ParisDean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Thanos doesn't have re-gen abilities, Hulk does...and then some. Makes no sense he got stuck like that.

Chris
Of course Thanos has amplified regenerative abilities. All Eternals do.