Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 08-07-2023, 09:01 AM   #11
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonLudoviks View Post
interesting.....do you have some "pics in hand" of the Captain Bust???
I was hoping for mine to arrive today, but it got delayed. So hopefully I get it tomorrow.

If I had a bigger vehicle, I could've picked it up directly from Sugo last week.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 09:14 AM   #12
NelsonLudoviks
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I was hoping for mine to arrive today, but it got delayed. So hopefully I get it tomorrow.

If I had a bigger vehicle, I could've picked it up directly from Sugo last week.
Big Congrats Man,when you have time share some pic with us.
NelsonLudoviks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 03:36 PM   #13
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

I've got a few of their Ironman statues PO, but it's been crickets for a while. I assume they're still in the production pipeline...
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 04:21 PM   #14
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
It?s been said that due to the slowdown they intentionally let the renewal lapse, with the full intention to renew come next year.
Perhaps it's the sign that super-expensive luxury collectable statues and busts have finally peaked and now they are on their way down.

This renewal lapse of QS could last more than a single year. Other big players might follow soon. Who knows?
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 09:36 AM   #15
naeser2008
Justice League

I said it before, I am happy to call it quits with Queen Studios after the Thor bust.

There isn't anything else I really want from their Marvel collection outside of a Life-Size (licensed) Iron Man RDJ un-helmeted Bust
but I highly doubt that will ever happen.
naeser2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 10:24 AM   #16
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
Perhaps it's the sign that super-expensive luxury collectable statues and busts have finally peaked and now they are on their way down.

This renewal lapse of QS could last more than a single year. Other big players might follow soon. Who knows?
There are a bunch of things going on now that likely contributed to the hiatus including the strikes pushing release dates back, the lowered enthusiasm/satisfaction level for post Endgame releases, inflationary pressures on consumers cutting into luxury item purchases- among others.

I seem to recall they solicited opinions on which Quantumania characters they should tackle.
If the overall response they got was the equivalent of crickets, that would have been a big honking clue for them to maybe take a break and shelve things until the audience enthusiasm for this universe is back in force.
I doubt there are many collectors here who will be disappointed they won't be seeing Queen soliciting Ms. Marvel statues this year.

Personally I was looking forward to the updated Scarlet Witch. But my plate is already more than full. I'll live without one just fine.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 10:48 AM   #17
Y3E
Gen 13

I hate to say it but I think statue collection is dying a slow death. Too many producers (legit or otherwise) and high cost of statues and shipping are making it a less desirable hobby.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 11:36 AM   #18
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I hate to say it but I think statue collection is dying a slow death. Too many producers (legit or otherwise) and high cost of statues and shipping are making it a less desirable hobby.
the amount of people that are big enough fans of a movie or property that are inclined to spend their hard earned money on a collectible and dedicate space to that collectible is a very limited number of people. Then for someone to buy a collectible like a Queen Studios bust for $3,000-$5,000 a pop is an incredibly small percentage of the previously identified very limited number of people mentioned above.

my friends & family love ALL of this stuff we comment about on a daily basis, marvel, DC, horror, action movies...but NONE of them spend money on these things. You would think they are the target market, but they aren't the target for these things are the small amount of people like us that buy and display these things. And people always talk about how there are 1,000 of lurkers not on forums, FB, youtube all over the world that collect these things. Maybe there are some, but not many.
The SHOGUN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 12:15 PM   #19
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
the amount of people that are big enough fans of a movie or property that are inclined to spend their hard earned money on a collectible and dedicate space to that collectible is a very limited number of people. Then for someone to buy a collectible like a Queen Studios bust for $3,000-$5,000 a pop is an incredibly small percentage of the previously identified very limited number of people mentioned above.

my friends & family love ALL of this stuff we comment about on a daily basis, marvel, DC, horror, action movies...but NONE of them spend money on these things. You would think they are the target market, but they aren't the target for these things are the small amount of people like us that buy and display these things. And people always talk about how there are 1,000 of lurkers not on forums, FB, youtube all over the world that collect these things. Maybe there are some, but not many.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 02:35 PM   #20
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post

That's what my instincts say, but then I frequently check the front page stats for the forum.

As I type this, there are 3694 users online. 30 members...and 3664 guests!

Seems we active users really are just 1%.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote