Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-12-2023, 03:14 PM   #11
Wizard
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Shipping kills most of the deals...
Yep. I was interested in the Cyborg Superman EX at under $800. Shipping to Maryland was nearly $800. I recently ordered another 1/3 statue from HobbyLink in Japan (ironically, a Prime 1 statue). Shipping took about a week and just over $200.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 04:53 PM   #12
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
Yep. I was interested in the Cyborg Superman EX at under $800. Shipping to Maryland was nearly $800. I recently ordered another 1/3 statue from HobbyLink in Japan (ironically, a Prime 1 statue). Shipping took about a week and just over $200.
I am not surprised. Based on folks inputting box sizes and weights into shipping calculators, it is pretty apparent Prime 1 is artificially inflating the shipping costs.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 10:19 AM   #13
GhostAsparagus
Frackin!

Oof, a couple of those deals had me ready to go on a shopping spree, but the shipping even at economy sobered me up quick.
GhostAsparagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 12:06 PM   #14
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
I got that piece a while back and it is really nice. It has 2 big boxes so I could understand a large quote, but $800 still seems excessive.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 01:49 PM   #15
Asuka
Fantastic Four

Y'all think Prime 1 is pocketing some of the shipping?
Asuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 04:23 PM   #16
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I was interested in some of the deals offered by Prime 1 until I got to check out with the shipping prices.

The way I look at it, they are baiting customers with aggressive pricing on old product but still have the bottleneck of high shipping prices. Let's not forget some of the youtube experiences about shipping issues and additional costs such as Importer licenses.

Is Prime 1 trying to help with shipping with sale prices on old stuff? Ultimately the final prices are just not that great for a long wait and the risks. What if something is wrong or broken? Good luck there.

So why high shipping prices? Price gouging? Victim of low quantity but large dimensional packages thus a low tier export customer?

Prime 1 really needs to invest in regional warehouses or work more with their distribution partners.

They make some of the best statues but this economy is going to sink them if they don't get it together.

Lobo for under $1000 but shipping to the US $1000?

Enjoy the sales....
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 09:59 PM   #17
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I was interested in some of the deals offered by Prime 1 until I got to check out with the shipping prices.

The way I look at it, they are baiting customers with aggressive pricing on old product but still have the bottleneck of high shipping prices. Let's not forget some of the youtube experiences about shipping issues and additional costs such as Importer licenses.

Is Prime 1 trying to help with shipping with sale prices on old stuff? Ultimately the final prices are just not that great for a long wait and the risks. What if something is wrong or broken? Good luck there.

So why high shipping prices? Price gouging? Victim of low quantity but large dimensional packages thus a low tier export customer?

Prime 1 really needs to invest in regional warehouses or work more with their distribution partners.

They make some of the best statues but this economy is going to sink them if they don't get it together.

Enjoy the sales....
It's not just that things are on sale and the shipping costs are high. Things are on sale but then they're also further increasing the shipping costs during the sale. There was a window in 2018 or 2019 where they announced their US warehouse and their great shipping rates for economy. And they really were pretty great. That didn't last...
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 10:06 AM   #18
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal10 View Post
It's not just that things are on sale and the shipping costs are high. Things are on sale but then they're also further increasing the shipping costs during the sale.
This.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 01:32 PM   #19
Billy Talent
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I am not surprised. Based on folks inputting box sizes and weights into shipping calculators, it is pretty apparent Prime 1 is artificially inflating the shipping costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post

Enjoy the sales....
Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 02:19 PM   #20
Mister H
Gen 13

Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote