Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-27-2023, 07:41 AM   #11
Halcyon
Loki

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Talent View Post
43 dollars!!!!....that's it....Oh man you guys would hate europe then.
....the list is ENDLESS.
Indeed

But curious now, has anyone within Europe or Australia also received this same request for import-info with additional form (when either Express or Economy shipping) ?
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 11:01 AM   #12
Mooste
The Avengers

No, that is an American thing. I only get invoices to pay import duty and VAT. On Economy shipping I never get an extra import fee afterwards.
Mooste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 05:53 AM   #13
Billy Talent
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Indeed

But curious now, has anyone within Europe or Australia also received this same request for import-info with additional form (when either Express or Economy shipping) ?
Never seen or heard of this form, and I have been importing high value items for over 7 years now.
Looks like it's an american thing, but they should be grateful they only have to fill out a form and pay a very low Customs fee...
Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 05:56 AM   #14
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
I had this happen to me when I had an item that was over $2k in value shipped from Japan. Never had to deal with that before so it was kind of annoying. Filled out the form and they released my package. Later I got a bill in the mail from US Customs/FedEx of $43.
In US if you order any thing from other country and the item cost is over 2k, you will have to pay the customs. I think you can avoid it if you do the slow shipping by sea.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 08:34 AM   #15
Billy Talent
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory7777 View Post
In US if you order any thing from other country and the item cost is over 2k, you will have to pay the customs. I think you can avoid it if you do the slow shipping by sea.
Only if its over 2k that's crazy!...wow how great is must be to be an American!
But what percentage do Americans pay for an item that is over 2k, in the Netherlands we pay 21% import tax of the total value, if the item is over 150 euros we pay additional IMPORT FEES.
Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 01:40 PM   #16
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Only if its over 2k that's crazy!...wow how great is must be to be an American!
But what percentage do Americans pay for an item that is over 2k, in the Netherlands we pay 21% import tax of the total value, if the item if over 150 euros we pay additional IMPORT FEES.
not fully sure but can be range from 3-37.5%.

some place it says item has to be over 2500 for the tax.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 05:16 PM   #17
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
43 dollars!!!!....that's it....Oh man you guys would hate europe then.
I would have to pay around $460+ for an item that is valued at $2K
Americans are so effing lucky they don't even realize it, here in Europe the government taxes us to death, every single item from outside of the EU we need to pay taxes for.
I received an email yesterday about a parcel which is valued at 18 euros right, I have to to 17,11 euros in import tax and fees....(european logic)
Sewage taxes, water taxes, road taxes, garbage taxes,If you finally pay off a home...that's it...?....HELL NO you then need to pay TAXES!
You got a job...well then say goodybye to HALF of your paycheck to the government each month ....the list is ENDLESS.

Oh I'm aware how lucky we are as far as import taxes and fees are, I was just sharing my experience with this kind of form. I didn't have a choice in shipping preference, so it is what it is.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 07:45 PM   #18
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I finally received my statue and the form was fairly straightforward but there really was no way around it or they would have sent it back. Prime1 said the same thing due to the type of shipping method selected. My only concern is if this affect me down the road because my SS is attached to it.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 01:16 PM   #19
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
I finally received my statue and the form was fairly straightforward but there really was no way around it or they would have sent it back. Prime1 said the same thing due to the type of shipping method selected. My only concern is if this affect me down the road because my SS is attached to it.

I totally get what you mean. The nice thing about filling out this form, you shouldn't have to do it ever again.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 04:10 PM   #20
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
Good to know it worked out in a normal way.

But how much was your statue in total approx and what was end result you had to pay extra ?
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote