Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-03-2023, 05:25 PM   #21
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Good to know it worked out in a normal way.

But how much was your statue in total approx and what was end result you had to pay extra ?
Yes I?m happy it wasn?t really a big deal, I paid $1300+156(shipping total) and did not have to pay more after signing the form.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 06:20 PM   #22
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

^ I’m pulling for you to be right, but I got a bill via postal mail about 2 weeks after receiving my item. Keep us updated.
Mr. Shoosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 10:03 PM   #23
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shoosh View Post
^ I?m pulling for you to be right, but I got a bill via postal mail about 2 weeks after receiving my item. Keep us updated.
FedEx Delivered mine so I highly doubt I will see anything from the Post Office. But I would imagine they (any shipper) would charge any extra shipping up front before releasing the package.
Old 10-03-2023, 10:17 PM   #24
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

The bill was from Fed ex. What I meant was that the bill came in through the mail and not email. And as I stated, the bill arrived 2 weeks later. I?m just giving you a heads up. It may not be the case for you, but I?d be interested to see if you are spared the fee that I was charged.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6169.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	165169
Mr. Shoosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 04:01 PM   #25
solidgadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shoosh View Post
The bill was from Fed ex. What I meant was that the bill came in through the mail and not email. And as I stated, the bill arrived 2 weeks later. I?m just giving you a heads up. It may not be the case for you, but I?d be interested to see if you are spared the fee that I was charged.

Attachment 165169
My follow-up on this thread concerning Fed-Ex charges, I received an Activity summary concerning this shipment and I was not charged any additional fees.
Old 11-23-2023, 06:19 PM   #26
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
Has anyone here received a request from a major shipper asking for form 5106? Prime 1 sent and item that is currently stuck in customs and I?m being asked to fill out a form that requires my SS number and basically saying I?m a business that wants to import goods into the US. Anyone have this issue?
i order from foreign retailers ship to US....never heard of such customs thing....they just get delivered to my front door
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 06:26 PM   #27
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Talent View Post
43 dollars!!!!....that's it....Oh man you guys would hate europe then.
I would have to pay around $460+ for an item that is valued at $2K
Americans are so effing lucky they don't even realize it, here in Europe the government taxes us to death, every single item from outside of the EU we need to pay taxes for.
I received an email yesterday about a parcel which is valued at 18 euros right, I have to to 17,11 euros in import tax and fees....(european logic)
Sewage taxes, water taxes, road taxes, garbage taxes,If you finally pay off a home...that's it...?....HELL NO you then need to pay TAXES!
You got a job...well then say goodybye to HALF of your paycheck to the government each month ....the list is ENDLESS.
to solve your tax problems stop buying statues and other collectibles...just buy food...toilet paper....water....electricity and phone...save more cash and pay less taxes that way just let us Americans worry about the statues and collectibles....we take care and buy them up for you
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 07:41 AM   #28
Billy Talent
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
i order from foreign retailers ship to US....never heard of such customs thing....they just get delivered to my front door
Ah....how amazing that must be, to order an expensive item at it arrives at your door, no insane customs fee you need to pay....
I am closing my eyes trying to visualize it, just for a moment I felt....like an american...and then I opened my eyes and I'm stuck in this european sh!thole!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
to solve your tax problems stop buying statues and other collectibles...just buy food...toilet paper....water....electricity and phone...save more cash and pay less taxes that way just let us Americans worry about the statues and collectibles....we take care and buy them up for you
I stopped buying, can no longer afford.
If I was an american I'd be a millionaire by now, and the government wouldnt take 50% of my income.
now let me wallow in my misery
Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 05:39 PM   #29
benkonig
Fantastic Four

France is the most taxed country in the world ... I had to pay my customs tax on Monday, 1782€ for my predator 1/3 deluxe....

benkonig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 06:01 PM   #30
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Sorry to hear that. Man, at that point, it's just not worth it.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote