Blue Falcon

JND Studios: Tazza - Madam Jeong (Kim Hye-soo) 1/3

Teaser 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jROWvkm3U0w

cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 08:09 AM   #2
Yamato
Justice League

I think this company is going to be bankrupt in about another year. These choices just show that the owners have no idea what they’re doing.
Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 10:28 AM   #3
Shoo
Hercules

So it's going to be this, essentially:

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 12:19 PM   #4
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I am not at all familiar with Korean cinema. Is this a highly popular movie in Korea and she a famous actress?

This is strictly for the Korean market, I presume.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM   #5
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Who dis?
Westhelle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 01:52 PM   #6
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamato View Post
I think this company is going to be bankrupt in about another year. These choices just show that the owners have no idea what they?re doing.
I've been hyper critical of their choice of doing the Basquiat piece. I couldn't comprehend the market appeal of that piece - either from Art collectors and enthusiasts of Basquiat's work, or from die-hard figure collectors.

I don't see this Madam Jeong in the same light at all. Sure, this isn't a character from western cinema, and I fully appreciate why a company like JND might see a reason to deviate away from western cinema, and perhaps western collectors in general.

I for one, am refreshed and hopeful to see JND make this move, because I'm sick of seeing the same characters and I.P's get rehashed again and again.

Depending on how this piece turns out, it's availability and price - I'd be happy to support this piece.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 02:12 PM   #7
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
I think this company is going to be bankrupt in about another year. These choices just show that the owners have no idea what they?re doing.
This movie was huge in Korea and that is their target audience. They've been doing a lot of big cinema stuff. I'm sorry if this isn't another Batman or Predator...
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 03:25 PM   #8
Yamato
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I've been hyper critical of their choice of doing the Basquiat piece. I couldn't comprehend the market appeal of that piece - either from Art collectors and enthusiasts of Basquiat's work, or from die-hard figure collectors.

I don't see this Madam Jeong in the same light at all. Sure, this isn't a character from western cinema, and I fully appreciate why a company like JND might see a reason to deviate away from western cinema, and perhaps western collectors in general.

I for one, am refreshed and hopeful to see JND make this move, because I'm sick of seeing the same characters and I.P's get rehashed again and again.

Depending on how this piece turns out, it's availability and price - I'd be happy to support this piece.
It?s a unique choice, but not a smart one. When it?s sitting in stock (like Basquiat), I?m sure JND?s investors won?t be happy.

There are plenty of properties they can pull from that aren?t even of western origin that would sell significantly better than this. None of them have been done before either.

I won?t be surprised to see people flaking on this piece, because let?s be real, how much are people going to care to spend this much on this actress compared to the nostalgia pull that other actors have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
This movie was huge in Korea and that is their target audience. They've been doing a lot of big cinema stuff. I'm sorry if this isn't another Batman or Predator...
This doesn?t mean much in the grand scheme of things, and there is also partially the issue in that same statement. It?s specifically to South Korea, so you are putting all your eggs in one basket for the South Korean market to carry the sales of this statue.

Business wise this is not smart at all. Nobody outside of South Korea will care about this property, so good luck if your market is tapped out / not interested in a $2,000+ statue of a comparatively unknown actress / property.

I don?t care for Batman or Predator, though there are plenty of choices not done that would completely blow the sales of this away.
Old 02-28-2024, 03:36 PM   #9
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
I'm sure JND's investors won't be happy.
Is JND a publicly traded company in South Korea?
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 03:58 PM   #10
Yamato
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Is JND a publicly traded company in South Korea?
No, but even private companies have investors backing it is what I mean.