Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 12-03-2006, 02:06 AM   #1
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Question Your new team book.

If Marvel offered you the opportunity to come up with your own new team book, what would you do?

I've for a long time thought about what might make for some interesting stories. For the most part, I've learnt that if you wait long enough, you'll see them happen. Unforunately, many have not been all that great.

For example, always wanted to see the Daughters of the Dragon make a return. Now after their own mini-series and being key players in the new Heroes for Hire, I'm left unimpressed. Loved the return of Goliath (Bill Foster)... well we all know how that ended. Thought a New Invaders title was a great idea, but hated (with a passion) what was done with it. I've probably come up with more Avengers line-ups than Marvel has over the last twenty years. Characters I'd like to see as Avengers include the Enchantress (when bad girls go good), the Black Cat, Spitfire, Storm, Doc Samson, Deathlok, Justice (Josiah X), Red Wolf, among others.

One idea I have yet to see actualize is a Marvel Pantheons based series featuring the various other gods and goddesses that have for the most part popped up in the pages of Thor.

So how about you? Any story ideas or characters you would want to see.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 05:07 AM   #2
moon_knight1971
Rescue

I'd like to relaunch Marvel Knights only this time make it a Max title. Revolving cast would be Iron Fist, White Tiger (new & old), Shang-Chi, Daughters of the Dragon and Black Widow. I'd like to see this as a hard core martial arts action driven series with a little character development and detective work, kinda like Birds of Prey but more hardcore.
I'd also like to see the Champions relaunched with the new team comprising of YellowJacket, Tigra, Moon Dragon, the Shroud and Hercules.
I'd also like to bring back Monsters Unleashed but this time as a comic not as a magazine. Marvel's got so many cool monsters to use. I would like to see Wendigo, Satana, the Living Mummy, Morbius, Werewold by Night, the Bi-Beast, etc....
Cloak & Dagger need a book or need to be on a team.
Dr. Strange needs a book.
I'd like a nice T & A book, like Birds of Prey, top notch artist with a decent writer. Maybe even call the book T & A, for Tactical Alliance or something. Ideally, Black Cat, Hellcat, Aurora, She-Hulk and the Enchantress.
Hell, looking back at what I'm writing, Marvel would have a great feline themed book with characters like the Black Cat, Tigra, Hellcat and more that I know I am missing.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:02 PM   #3
Azrael1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

This is a cool thread!

Ok if I was to have my own team book from Marvel here's what I'm thinking:

Adventures into Fear! But this is the twist I would give it. Take marvel's monster heroes like Morbius, Werewolf by Night, Ghost Rider, Man-Thing, Wendigo, etc... and give them all different story arcs where neither character meets the other but they are fighting a common enemy. Have all the stories interconnect into a larger one with Dr. Strange overseeing the whole situation.

Kind of like a cross between Defenders and Seven Soldiers.
Azrael1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:13 PM   #4
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

There seems to be support for a Marvel Monsters title. I will admit I don't "get" the whole fascination with the Marvel Zombies stories. Didn't this craze all start in an issue of What-If?

Hopefully the upcoming three isues of Legion of Monsters goes well and we can expect more of the same in the future.

Old 12-03-2006, 09:34 PM   #5
Underdog07
Hercules

I'd like to see Captain America, AntMan/Yellowjacket/Goliath, Vision, Hawkeye, Wasp and Scarlett Witch teamed together. I'd call the book The Mighty Avengers.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:37 PM   #6
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
I'd like to see Captain America, AntMan/Yellowjacket/Goliath, Vision, Hawkeye, Wasp and Scarlett Witch teamed together. I'd call the book The Mighty Avengers.
Damn right.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:47 PM   #7
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Isn't this close to the line-up of the New Avengers post-Civil War?
Old 12-03-2006, 09:57 PM   #8
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

My dream book would be a really well-written FF book with this lineup:

Dr. Doom, Sue, Johnny, and the Thing.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:17 PM   #9
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
Isn't this close to the line-up of the New Avengers post-Civil War?
Really? That would be great. But given the delays, will Civil War ever end?
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:26 PM   #10
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I would love the avengers and the x-men before they got ruined by lame characters and bighead writers.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote