Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 12-11-2006, 11:33 AM   #21
kaza5555
New Republic

Anyone remember a thread when a member described how he customized his file cabinets to store his comic books? That thread ran earlier in the year and I can't seem to find it.
kaza5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:33 PM   #22
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Good thread. I am in the process of moving my collection out of the bedroom closet (my wife rejoices!) into my office in the basement. I can’t move the entire collection until I build a pedestal so that they aren’t resting on the floor. I went through recently and pulled out a few runs that were separated into different boxes so that I could build some “needed issues” lists for a convention. I found that I have many comics that are in need of upgraded bags/boards. I agree with jazz, some books just do not warrant the better materials and I have switched some stuff out that is not “worthy” of the expensive stuff (I haven’t looked at a price guide in many years so I could be entirely wrong). I am also looking to buy the drawer boxes so that I can quit moving boxes around to get into them for books. The amount of boxes/bags/boards I need is going to add up to a tidy sum of money but I will enjoy going through the collection again as it has been many years since I have dug into the boxes.
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 02:49 PM   #23
pmpknface
The InJustice League

I love these threads!

FYI - Here's an alternative to drawer boxes: http://www.bcwsupplies.com/prod-SHORT-HOUSE.htm

The "real" drawer boxes are killer, but expensive.

Here are some pics of my own vault, if ya'd like to see how I'm keeping my stuff togather these days: http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrow...me=Comic+Vault

I'm not too big on changing my old bage & boards. I just don't put them away until they've been put into a fresh set. I reserve Mylars for nice GA and SA books.

I order from DCBS and the mag sized bags that comics & tpb's come in are handy. I take 4-5 trades and put them in 1 of those!

I'll be back to chat on this more...
pmpknface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 08:02 PM   #24
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

good stuff pmp ... I didn't realize there was a short box version

nice clean comic display
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:54 AM   #25
pmpknface
The InJustice League

Thanks JG! I try...

Yeah, those "small drawer-like" boxes are cool. And MUCH cheaper! If I didn't have all long boxes and I had the space I'd really consider them. But at least I have those wooden cubes - those things ROCK! And at $5 a piece they were a steal!
pmpknface is offline   Reply With Quote