Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 02-17-2013, 01:10 AM   #1
ratchet
Mandarin

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

I ordered comics off of ebay... seller sent them to me - with tracking - I checked today to see where they were... and the tracking said that the package was delivered on Wednesday the 13th.

Yet, I have no package!

The seller said to open a claim with ebay and that they will refund my money without taking it from him since he has proof that he sent it and it says delivered - is that true?

Either way I have to wait until Tuesday to check what the Post Office has to say - it's just odd - has anyone else ever had a package say delivered and it never came to your house?
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:13 AM   #2
ONEYE
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I had this happen to me. Then I heard on the local news that there was a group of thieves picking up packages left at people's front doors. This happened around Christmas too.
ONEYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:35 AM   #3
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Hey Ryan, sorry to hear that. It's VERY weird that the tracking says your item was delivered BUT you don't have it. Maybe someone else in your household accepted the package but forgot to tell you OR it was stolen. As far as the seller telling you to file a claim so Ebay will pay you is not true. If the seller has proof (tracking) that your package was delivered, Ebay will do nothing for you. Good luck and let us know if there is any further news.
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:40 AM   #4
ratchet
Mandarin

Me and my sister were both home when the mail was delivered! He gave me one package - but not the other - yet the tracking said that both were delivered on the same day.

This is by far the strangest thing that has ever happened to me as far as the mail is concerned
Old 02-17-2013, 06:19 AM   #5
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I had a chess set disappear on me in the exact same circumstances. I provided the buyer with a scan of my signature and when compared to the signature on the delivery acceptance there was absolutely no similarity. The buyer sent me a replacement (luckily they had one) and then submitted a claim with the delivery company.
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:41 AM   #6
shakazulu
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Usually the postman, fedex, ups guys will just drop the package off on the porch. Most of my packages I receive dont require a signature. I am guessing anyone can just grab the package from your yard or you yourself can say you didnt receive it.
shakazulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:24 AM   #7
risingstar
Jedi Order

This happened to me just recently. I saw the online "delivered" message too. I suspected that the mailman may have inadvertently dropped it off next door by accident. When I went to my neighbor's place next door, my package was resting against the coat closet by the front door. I then asked the ditsy teenaged girl why she didn't simply ring my doorbell. She said, "I don't know". I imagine that she was likely waiting for her parents to take charge. Anyway, it might have stayed there for goodness knows how long had I not thought to ring the doorbell. I let the mailman have it the next day as I told him in advance that I was expecting a package. As a precaution, I generally inform the mailman of when I'm expecting a packge so that he doesn't make this kind of mistake, and there he goes and does it anyway... lol
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:54 AM   #8
Underdog07
Hercules

We had a package that was nowhere to be found marked delivered around Christmas. I apparently signed for despite the fact I was not even in the same state. The company shipped a replacement.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #9
ratchet
Mandarin

Just checked with the neighbors... Neither of them has the package. I have to wait until Tuesday until I can talk to the PO - still really perplexed as to how this could happen.

Like I said - I was home the day they said the package was delivered - so I know it wasn't stolen.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #10
Shazaam!!
Frackin!

Sorry to hear about that..it happened to me, i purchased a statue from ebay and same thing happened with my tracking..took 2 months for me to receive it. all because the address numbers looked like 1's and not 7's.. good luck
Shazaam!! is offline   Reply With Quote