Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-30-2020, 02:19 PM   #221
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
Come on now UK lol....I loved both movies but Joker just looked stupid and I have no desire to watch it. Here is the link if anyone wants to see some of the reviews.

https://www.ign.com/articles/birds-o...social-roundup
It’s just way, way better than Suicide Squad was. - IGN

Well that's good to know

Joker is dark. For the moment i have only watched it once, at the cinema. As soon as the Blu-ray drops in Feb, i'll be picking it up, as it deserves more viewings. You should watch it, you might be surprised.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 02:58 PM   #222
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
It’s just way, way better than Suicide Squad was. - IGN

Well that's good to know

Joker is dark. For the moment i have only watched it once, at the cinema. As soon as the Blu-ray drops in Feb, i'll be picking it up, as it deserves more viewings. You should watch it, you might be surprised.
I liked suicide squad tho but it was by no means the best movie I've ever seen. I may give it a try just for you lol.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 02:59 PM   #223
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Can have personal tastes, but I'd be shocked if Birds of Prey makes a billion dollars and gets nominated for best picture.

I have a lot of issues with the Suicide Squad aesthetic they decide to keep, even if they improved upon it. Margot could look like Sideshow's upcoming statue. I've been wanting an all female comic book movie, but not sure this is to my tastes. Willing to give a chance, but not in a rush to see it.
Oh yeah I doubt it makes a billion but who knows....
Old 02-01-2020, 03:41 AM   #224
built2shred
Phoenix

This might be a great movie but I have my doubts, reminds me a lot when Wonder Woman came out all the female fans and bloggers were going on and on about how great the movie was and this was DC's best movie ever, blah blah blah... Then when I saw it I was like Meh...

like 80% of the Twitter comments praising this Harley movie are female... It's like they're overselling it like they did Wonder Woman... In the end, I hope they're right and it is a badass movie but when they say "This movie is great like Shazam" I start to worry
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 12:28 PM   #225
Augen
Metal Men

People have different tastes, I loved Wonder Woman and Shazam.

I think each of us knows what we like and set expectations based there rather than general reception.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 12:52 PM   #226
adee
Green Arrow

I liked WW and Shazam too , I have my doubts about this one but hoping I’ll like it.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 11:53 PM   #227
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I mean....I have more faith in this movie than I do/did X-Men Dark Phoenix.

That clearly says something.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 07:03 AM   #228
KaraFan

Because Wonder Woman was a great movie. I mean there were a few boring parts like the ship scene, etc...But I hated Shazam.
Old 02-05-2020, 08:42 AM   #229
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
People have different tastes, I loved Wonder Woman and Shazam.

I think each of us knows what we like and set expectations based there rather than general reception.
I went into Woman Wonder with zero expectations, and was pleasantly surprised. While it fails to match the might of Joker, The Dark Knight, Deadpool to name a few, it was superior to the likes of Batman vs Superman and Justice League.

Shazam, i cannot bring myself to watch it?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 11:48 AM   #230
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I went into Woman Wonder with zero expectations, and was pleasantly surprised. While it fails to match the might of Joker, The Dark Knight, Deadpool to name a few, it was superior to the likes of Batman vs Superman and Justice League.

Shazam, i cannot bring myself to watch it?
That's fine. I think superheroes are big enough these days can have all sorts of demographics enjoy them.

I tend to default like them, really takes something (like Iron Man 3 or Thor 3 or Suicide Squad) to make me have an unpleasant experience with super heroes lately.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote