Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 03-13-2014, 03:55 PM   #1
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Golden Fluid Acrylics question

are these good to use on statues? i ordered some and the golden airbrush medium and plan on using them for my resin kits. i think they are used on fabric so i want to make sure they're not tacky like createx. i use the golden airbrush colors and vallejo for my statues but first time with the fluid acrylics. still coming in the mail. thanks.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:24 PM   #2
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

golden changed some things, they had a Line called Airbrush Opaques but now changed them to hi flow which is more of a Ink then a acrylic paint. Very watery and did a video on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBbfs...Hym4GLNj0HIc5w

if you got the thicker paints, have to thin them down and then can prob go thru a airbrush. but i never used the thicker ones.

I was using the airbrush acrylics a lot, then with the change to the new hi flow i don't use them anymore.

But i never had a issue with the airbrush opaque, they went on smooth and was no where as thick like createx
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:10 PM   #3
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
golden changed some things, they had a Line called Airbrush Opaques but now changed them to hi flow which is more of a Ink then a acrylic paint. Very watery and did a video on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBbfs...Hym4GLNj0HIc5w

if you got the thicker paints, have to thin them down and then can prob go thru a airbrush. but i never used the thicker ones.

I was using the airbrush acrylics a lot, then with the change to the new hi flow i don't use them anymore.

But i never had a issue with the airbrush opaque, they went on smooth and was no where as thick like createx
thanks. i saw your video so that's why i stayed away from the hi-flow. i only have the transparent golden airbrush bottles left so i ordered the fluid acrylics but later saw it was also used on fabric and the airbrush medium says "makes fluid acrylics less tacky." they were $9 a bottle and don't want paint that attracts dust while curing like createx. well, i guess i need to see for myself.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:41 AM   #4
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

createx you have to heat set, so when ever you paint a item with it, just hit it with a blow dryer for a bit. Don't over heat it, but get it heated up and move around the item like blow drying your hair or something.

Will set better then sitting there for days to cure.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote