Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 10-09-2014, 07:34 PM   #6081
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liad View Post
First time I tried Mondo, wanted to get in on the GITS print. Failed miserably. I know 2 things I can change next time , so I can save like a minute. Kinda ridiculous how fast you have to be.
It isn't about speed. It's whether or not you have a bot.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:54 PM   #6082
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Yeah it's obvious now or a joke. There were a few sellers on eBay with prints listed last night. Some aren't even putting regular in the listings and adding Mondocon hoping to trick buyers that don't know.

This Ghost in the Shell will be a bit over cost anyway in a while. I've never seen Mondo release a regular print with the same edition size as the variant. And unless the regular has metallic, it seems to be the same print just without the foil. Which makes the variant the one to get. The only question is will people realize that and raise the price of the variant or will it go lower with the regular release? I was hoping to get the variant for around $200. I don't know if I'll be able to...
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:04 AM   #6083
rottencat
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

No comments about the new posters - The Fly, Prometheus, The Matrix, Alien, Flash Gordon... Nobody cares?
rottencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:25 AM   #6084
FROBAY
Phoenix

Not my kind of art. Easy pas for me.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:30 PM   #6085
Isildur's bane
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Small preview for the Mondo Batman show went up:

http://mashable.com/2014/10/17/batma...gallery-mondo/

Really want the Phantom City Creative Freeze piece.

Isildur's bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:32 PM   #6086
FROBAY
Phoenix

Nothing pushes me to get in my car and drive to the Batman opening. I hope they preview some better pieces. Theres nothing in those previews that I must have.

We know the Ansin reg will be there and I do want that one as I'm willing to bet the colors on it will be better than the variant. I need some more motivation. LOL
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:25 PM   #6087
ReplicantSavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottencat View Post
No comments about the new posters - The Fly, Prometheus, The Matrix, Alien, Flash Gordon... Nobody cares?
When this place is quiet there is no interest or no one's buying.

The Flash Gordon ones are ok but Martin Ansin released the Flash Gordon prints to get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Nothing pushes me to get in my car and drive to the Batman opening. I hope they preview some better pieces. Theres nothing in those previews that I must have.

We know the Ansin reg will be there and I do want that one as I'm willing to bet the colors on it will be better than the variant. I need some more motivation. LOL
They will have to have something bigger than Martin Ansin's 66 Batman. And remember he teased something more so I'm hoping for Catwoman or even Batgirl on that 66 print. I wonder if he will have something for Batman 89 or the Bale Batman? That's really all I'm looking for.

The Craig Drake Catwoman looks good. And more Batman Animated prints is always a good thing. Kevin Tong's Batman Begins is interesting but not what I need.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:22 PM   #6088
Whirl Wind Boy
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

I kind of dig that tong, would have been really cool to see Bruce and Ras sword fighting. Seen hints of TDK and TDKR on his Instagram. But still, nothing with likeness from Nolan's trilogy is a bummer.
Whirl Wind Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:02 AM   #6089
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

By the time this Batman 75 show and HCG's Imagined Worlds shows are done Bat-Prints will be super played out and the market flooded ala Iron Giant and the Universal Monsters. As with those properties only the old coveted prints will remain valuable... of which Batman has very few.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:01 PM   #6090
ReplicantSavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
By the time this Batman 75 show and HCG's Imagined Worlds shows are done Bat-Prints will be super played out and the market flooded ala Iron Giant and the Universal Monsters.
Well nothing great for Batman was at the Imagined Worlds show. And Martin Ansin still hasn't released prints for The Invisible Man or Creature from the Black Lagoon. The Creature one is what I'm looking forward to the most. As there isn't a really good one out and a version from Martin Ansin should be a home run considering his other Universal Monsters prints.

Still a lot of Batman possibilities:

1. Batman 89. Full movie print with main characters.

2. Batman 89. Balloon print with Batwing and glow in the dark ink. Something Mark Englert should do. He could do a good Batmobile through the forest with city in the background print too.

3. Dark Knight Trilogy.

4. Batman Animated prints. Catwoman episode was good.

5. Batman Superman World's Finest.

6. Batman Beyond Return of the Joker.

7. Dawn of Justice.