Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 06-22-2006, 01:45 PM   #1
Hem Dazon
Doh!

Blackhole Gentle Giant PROMO?

Hello, i was just on another board but didnt get many responces, so ill try here. I happen to come into a Blackhole bust PROMO.. yes ill post pics they asked too... let me start by saying i do NOT want to sell it on ebay or anywhere thats not why im here. That was said on the previous board so i just want to clear that up...im a buyer not a seller, a collector:-). and this is the currently the center piece of my collection. What i wanted to know is how rare the PROMO's are and what it does to the value of a piece? if its increased by 10%-20% etc..hope the pics work... if they dont ill post link of other thread...if anyone has any info on promo's id be of great help

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Hem Dazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:50 PM   #2
P1X4R
Producer

welcome to the forum! promos from GG are (i believe) the equivalent of APs (artist proofs). with that said.. then yes they are worth a bit more..
P1X4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:53 PM   #3
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1X4R
welcome to the forum! promos from GG are (i believe) the equivalent of APs (artist proofs). with that said.. then yes they are worth a bit more..
Exactly right.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:56 PM   #4
kirthew
Zot

Hmmm... maybe I will get a Promo Blackhole Trooper... come on GG... dont let me down!
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:34 PM   #5
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

I would say with that promo version and the balckhole trooper is so hot right not you should easily increase the value at least 200 or more. People go crazy for pieces like these and I have not seen one on ebay yet so your's would be the first out there.

IF I owned that piece I would sell it get what I could for it then buy a regular version, I tend to not care about ap's or promo's but that is just me..
with the profits you can buy another rare star wars bust and the same time buy another blackhole stormtrooper
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:02 PM   #6
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

[QUOTE=Hem Dazon]Hello, i was just on another board but didnt get many responces, so ill try here. I happen to come into a Blackhole bust PROMO.. yes ill post pics they asked too... let me start by saying i do NOT want to sell it on ebay or anywhere thats not why im here. That was said on the previous board so i just want to clear that up...im a buyer not a seller, a collector:-). and this is the currently the center piece of my collection. What i wanted to know is how rare the PROMO's are and what it does to the value of a piece? if its increased by 10%-20% etc..hope the pics work... if they dont ill post link of other thread...if anyone has any info on promo's id be of great help

WOW! How did you end up with that
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:10 PM   #7
Hem Dazon
Doh!

how i ended up with it was complete luck, i bought it off of someone, yes ebay. i missed the fri sale, working, and i had to have 1:-) and i didnt even know i was buying a promo till i got it, thats when i crapped my pants lol. i thought i was overpaying. but it turned out to be a good deal.. but now u got me thinking, sell this, buy a regular, and another rare bust.. damn you
Hem Dazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:16 PM   #8
Grievous
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

That's neat, but in the end they're all the same (plus or minus a paint stroke).
Grievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:40 PM   #9
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hem Dazon
how i ended up with it was complete luck, i bought it off of someone, yes ebay. i missed the fri sale, working, and i had to have 1:-) and i didnt even know i was buying a promo till i got it, thats when i crapped my pants lol. i thought i was overpaying. but it turned out to be a good deal.. but now u got me thinking, sell this, buy a regular, and another rare bust.. damn you
I say keep it! Nowaday, a few hundreds in your pocket won't last long I'm keeping mine eventhough i'm not much of a Star Wars collector.
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:00 PM   #10
lockford88
The Riddler

I say sell it and get the regular and another bust you need. i know someone who collects only ap and promo busts..let me know if interested and i can put you in touch with him...chris
lockford88 is offline   Reply With Quote