Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-08-2022, 08:54 PM   #11
ddarko
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff0850 View Post
Every carrier will charge some sort of processing fee, however like VS1976 said if you have a FedEx account the fee will be waived. I have a FedEx account and always pick them even though it costs more since some people have reported having problems with DHL. And with the fee waived it makes up some of the difference.
Thank you again for the info!

This might be a very silly question. But, are the accounts with DHL or FedEx free? Can I just signup for it or is this only something that will cost a membership fee and only to do if I own a business?

Also, at what stage of the checkout process do they let you decide the shipping service? For me, it shows $80 for shipping, but doesn't say what service or give any options in the payment step.
ddarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 09:35 PM   #12
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

For larger statues (boxes), I’ll use DHL because shipping cost is quite higher than FedEx. My preference is always FedEx though.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 09:38 PM   #13
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddarko View Post
Thank you so much for the info.

So would it be 600 USD + Shipping + 100 CAD in total? Feels somewhat ok given that I would have to pay around 100 CAD in taxes if I had bought local.

Also, when I go to checkout, it doesn't show me any options for shipping. So how do I do switching if I wanted to do it? Would going FedEx save me a considerable amount?

EDIT: Sorry, I realized that you didn't say it was 100 CAD charges after reading again, and that was the shipping.
Taxes minus vat fee would be around $80 or so.
Old 01-08-2022, 09:58 PM   #14
jeff0850
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddarko View Post
Thank you again for the info!

This might be a very silly question. But, are the accounts with DHL or FedEx free? Can I just signup for it or is this only something that will cost a membership fee and only to do if I own a business?

Also, at what stage of the checkout process do they let you decide the shipping service? For me, it shows $80 for shipping, but doesn't say what service or give any options in the payment step.
FedEx accounts are free. You can change the shipping after you click the proceed to checkout button. It is under "Review Items".
jeff0850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 08:49 AM   #15
banner23
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
For larger statues (boxes), I?ll use DHL because shipping cost is quite higher than FedEx. My preference is always FedEx though.
Hi, I from Canada too and will be buying a statue from BBTS and I they offer 4 different shipping options. The least expensive option is to use Priority Mail International, have you ever used this shipping option before ?
banner23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 06:27 PM   #16
coolbear
Justice League

I'm also in Canada and I have noticed that shipping from the US here has been going up pretty significantly recently.
The shipping cost will depend on the box weight and size, and even looking at the same scale shipping cost can vary quite a lot depending on the statue.

As an example, I got the Wonder Woman Premium Format and if I recalll it right I paid around $80 CAD on shipping (to Ontario) + $20 as DHL's processing fee + 13% (of the total) as import fee.

More recently I bought the X-Men Rogue PF which has a huuuge box. Shipping alone was close to 100 CAD.

Regarding duty, I have been charged only once as the border agent or someone at DHL classified the shipping as a statue. I sent a request through DHL to have the border classify it with a different code (as a toy/figure instead of a statue - toys or figure don't require duty). The request was accepted and DHL reiumbersed me what I paid for duty.

All in all, I feel like it's getting more expensive and harder for us here in Canada to buy stuff from the US.
I'm thinking about buying a few more statues from Sideshow but I wonder if shipping them to a warehouse in the US close to the border would be a much less expensive experience. It's very very likely that import fees would still be charged but at least shipping could be a lot cheaper to the point where it's worth to drive across the border and pick up statues in the US.
coolbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 06:46 PM   #17
risingstar
Jedi Order

Sideshow shipping has tripled for PFs. What was once $25 is now anywhere between $75US to $200US.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 08:00 PM   #18
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banner23 View Post
Hi, I from Canada too and will be buying a statue from BBTS and I they offer 4 different shipping options. The least expensive option is to use Priority Mail International, have you ever used this shipping option before ?

I find the cheapest method from BBTS always ends up with it sitting in Newark for weeks on end with no change in the status of the shipment. It?s got bare bones tracking so they can?t help you with it. Eventually, they always process and move on, but the Newark wait is painfully slow. I always spend slightly higher to get the faster shipping after experiencing this a few too many times.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 10:03 PM   #19
risingstar
Jedi Order

Priority mail International should be like Canada Post expedited not USPS first class mail (which is horrendous)
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 11:06 PM   #20
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by banner23 View Post
Yes I?ve bought many times from BBTS and yes, USPS is what I generally use. Once it?s gets through the border, Canada Post should ship it out to you. You will have to pay customs from them. They do use FedEx also but I rarely use it due to the fact that USPS is so much cheaper.