Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-24-2022, 06:07 PM   #401
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Lots of debate on the blue or purple or blurple. My big issue is why are there parts that have this bright coloration while other sections are less? I think the piece would have benefited by not having such a distinguishing difference. Having not seen this piece in person yet, I would prefer it lean towards the blue. Waiting for more in hand videos....
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 06:32 PM   #402
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Lots of debate on the blue or purple or blurple. My big issue is why are there parts that have this bright coloration while other sections are less? I think the piece would have benefited by not having such a distinguishing difference. Having not seen this piece in person yet, I would prefer it lean towards the blue. Waiting for more in hand videos....
The youtube video of the proto (not the unboxing) shows the piece in daylight (not some weird indoor lighting). There is much less contrast between the blues, and they both look blue. Whether the trim is now brighter/more purple, or the light blue areas are now even lighter, or a combination of everything, who knows, but the contrast is much more pronounced in production.

Also my friend pointed out to me that the eyebrows are less severe in the proto too.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	271907928_539335060355930_5618717385336269144_n.jpg
Views:	650
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	146081   Click image for larger version

Name:	271813695_454514696385220_4683736922352823940_n.jpg
Views:	645
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	146082  
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 09:31 PM   #403
Indomitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
The youtube video of the proto (not the unboxing) shows the piece in daylight (not some weird indoor lighting). There is much less contrast between the blues, and they both look blue. Whether the trim is now brighter/more purple, or the light blue areas are now even lighter, or a combination of everything, who knows, but the contrast is much more pronounced in production.

Also my friend pointed out to me that the eyebrows are less severe in the proto too.

I guess this is one of those pieces where lighting will play a big factor in displaying this piece. The problem with out an outdoor review is most people will not be displaying it outdoors.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-24-2022, 10:30 PM   #404
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I guess this is one of those pieces where lighting will play a big factor in displaying this piece. The problem with out an outdoor review is most people will not be displaying it outdoors.

Thanks for sharing!
While true, by that train of thought manufacturers should paint their statues considering being lit by warm/yellow white indoor lighting (arguably the most common room lighting). That's a hard pass for me

My point was more to the fact that the proto definitely looks different (blues more similar, subdued eyebrows), and natural light would be the most balanced, fully spectrum, so not biased to any particular wavelength.

BTW are you getting him, or waiting for more in hand pics?
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 10:47 AM   #405
Peedi
The Secret Six

Well if it ends up having any purple in it I?m going to take a guess it?s either a vision mistake, or someone was influenced by this as XM?s Apoc seems to be taking multiple inspirations

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 01:25 PM   #406
Indomitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
While true, by that train of thought manufacturers should paint their statues considering being lit by warm/yellow white indoor lighting (arguably the most common room lighting). That's a hard pass for me

My point was more to the fact that the proto definitely looks different (blues more similar, subdued eyebrows), and natural light would be the most balanced, fully spectrum, so not biased to any particular wavelength.

BTW are you getting him, or waiting for more in hand pics?
I typically use Daylight as the lighting for my pieces but nothing matches the intensity of real sunlight. I think most pieces are crafted first with an intended color from the paint palette and not so much on ambient light. The real question is what was XM's intent for this piece and what does to the production piece really look like.

I was strongly considering this piece from the ASC review but the images being released are giving me a pause. This is a lot of money and can't afford space for a piece of this size if it doesn't fully deliver. I am expecting more great pieces coming out and the Legendary 1/3's are starting a new fire in the X-Men line.
Old 01-25-2022, 06:02 PM   #407
Armored_Berserk

I won’t have mine until end of Chinese new year
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 09:22 PM   #408
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
I won?t have mine until end of Chinese new year
A 23 day long celebration...
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 05:59 AM   #409
Armored_Berserk

Received a tracking number today, it seems that Apo is on his way... Unless it's Batman White Knight haha

Reception 02/01.
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 08:31 PM   #410
Danii99
Birdman

Anyone got dimensions on this piece with just normal right & left hand switch outs?
Danii99 is offline   Reply With Quote