Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-22-2022, 09:25 AM   #491
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
but thats the thing, why try to minimize something that doesnt even have to be there in the first place? personally i dont think they add anything to the piece, they dont make this feel more like a venom statue. if anything they make it feel less as hes rarely depicted like this in the comics
Brother, as you wish, but don't fall into the trap of judging it for what it's not, but judge it for what it is.

Preferences aside, the tendril design is not anything new regarding Venom (though rarer), & it's based on Richard Luong's art print, as well as Luong being the art director for this sculpt. So yes, this was intentional, and not an anomaly, but the added movement and flow the tendrils provide to the work, in my opinion, are fantastic, and truly complete the design, as intended.

The whole picture, as I see it, is a monsterously huge, striding/lurching Venom, great anatomy, beautiful movement and flow, with a portrait, (quite surprisingly), that's really grown on me, & more surprisingly still, is starting to look really, really sinister. Deadly. A slow burn, that once in hand, will make the stomach churn. Glorious.

P.S. This work reminds me of the controversy regarding SS Sabretooth release, when folks initially attacked anatomy, pose, portraits, .......etc. Sabretooth is a Canale masterpiece, and this Venom will follow, (if you give those tendrils a chance to get under your skin, of course).

In hand, this sculpt will be killer good, and we'll be shocked by the bulk/size, and the sense of depth this thing will provide. Can't wait.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 10:47 AM   #492
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
In hand, this sculpt will be killer good, and we'll be shocked by the bulk/size, and the sense of depth this thing will provide. Can't wait.
No we won’t.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 10:51 AM   #493
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
No we won?t.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 10:57 AM   #494
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

People can try to justify how the tendrils are necessary, but the bottom line is they're an eyesore & leave seams all over his body. Also the base tells too much of a story & over powers the main focal point. It's to the point where he has green paint on his hands & legs like a Mythos piece. I think I'll wait for the next one after thinking about it. It's a shame imo.
VILE GUILE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 11:15 PM   #495
OrganicsFearUs
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
People can try to justify how the tendrils are necessary, but the bottom line is they're an eyesore & leave seams all over his body. Also the base tells too much of a story & over powers the main focal point. It's to the point where he has green paint on his hands & legs like a Mythos piece. I think I'll wait for the next one after thinking about it. It's a shame imo.
I disagree strongly but to each their own.
OrganicsFearUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 11:20 PM   #496
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Yep, hate the tendrils and I'm sick of almost every new Venom statue having them.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 11:43 PM   #497
pau123
Sailor Moon

Tendrils should be removeable. Problem solve. Tendrils look good in comic, not so much in 3d.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 12:00 AM   #498
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by pau123 View Post
Tendrils should be removeable. Problem solve. Tendrils look good in comic, not so much in 3d.
Not really because you?d have a hole/socket where the tendril was.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 12:27 AM   #499
HBK83
The Avengers

Would love sideshow to just start a museum line.
Simple pieces with great detail.
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 03:10 PM   #500
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
He looks kinda like Beavis.

My photoshop services are available for those interested. PM for rates.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote