Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 01-24-2022, 10:23 PM   #911
Spidey42005
Fantastic Four

Hello everyone, I never ordered a piece from Spec Fiction before, but I recieved an email for the white version of this statue … and went ahead and preordered it. It had a very low ES, and I could not find it nowhere in the United States. Has anyone ever had issues with this retailer by chance? I’ve only ever ordered from SS and Prime 1.

I really think this piece looks amazing, and I am hoping it turns out well. It will be my first QS piece.

Thanks for any info!
Spidey42005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 10:29 PM   #912
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey42005 View Post
Has anyone ever had issues with this retailer by chance? I?ve only ever ordered from SS and Prime 1.
You won't have any issues with Spec.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 04:07 AM   #913
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Hello everyone, I never ordered a piece from Spec Fiction before, but I recieved an email for the white version of this statue ? and went ahead and preordered it. It had a very low ES, and I could not find it nowhere in the United States. Has anyone ever had issues with this retailer by chance? I?ve only ever ordered from SS and Prime 1.

I really think this piece looks amazing, and I am hoping it turns out well. It will be my first QS piece.

Thanks for any info!
You've got nothing to worry about, I wanted to order this from them but the pre order was so delayed I couldn't wait lol
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 06:37 AM   #914
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Hello everyone, I never ordered a piece from Spec Fiction before, but I recieved an email for the white version of this statue ? and went ahead and preordered it. It had a very low ES, and I could not find it nowhere in the United States. Has anyone ever had issues with this retailer by chance? I?ve only ever ordered from SS and Prime 1.

Thanks for any info!
Like others stated, Todd and the SF team are fantastic.

I'd have ordered from them too but I didn't want to wait and miss out on this piece. I'm really glad he got some allotment for those who were waiting.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 08:16 AM   #915
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Todd is the best, nothing to worry about.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 08:26 AM   #916
Spidey42005
Fantastic Four

Awesome! Thanks guys, I’m stoked, she looks amazing! I didn’t want to miss out on her.
Spidey42005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 01:15 PM   #917
RPG_FAN128
Mephisto

Yeah for sure! Some great looking prototypes.

There are a few things I need to save money for first though, and since they aren't "Sold Out Everywhere" already I think I still have some time to think on it.

Last edited by RPG_FAN128; 01-25-2022 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Hit post before writing my second sentence.
RPG_FAN128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 01:33 PM   #918
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Got the email from SF as well and was about to buy it, but after much thought, not interested anymore
Yeah, C'est la vie. I'm over this one now too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EStark View Post
Good. I love the angle and I think it looks exactly like her, I don't want anything changed.

this may sound like a massive rationalization since I have the one on PO but not the other, but from the start I've felt the likeness, while there on both, comes through much stronger with the hair pulled back than it does with the hair down. Ironically, I prefer the actress with her hair down and longer, and the braided look was actually one of my least favorite for the character. Yet, the braided version is the one that works best for me all around here (just in terms of head sculpt). In addition to the likeness coming through stronger (IMO), the motion of the braid also adds to the figure's motion and sense of swagger.

I would have better been able to justify the purchase of the snowsuit version, even at the $110 markup, because the white suit would have made a huge difference as decor. But evaluating the figures as a whole, I honestly think the black suit is the (slightly) better version of this, because of what the braid adds.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 02:46 PM   #919
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor88 View Post
QS just announced there will be no major change in any version of BW portraits.
But may be some tiny tweaks.
I don't think they can change it too much anyway as the people who pre ordered already might be disappointed with any changes. I wouldn't mind tweaks to the eyes in particular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Yeah, C'est la vie. I'm over this one now too.

this may sound like a massive rationalization since I have the one on PO but not the other, but from the start I've felt the likeness, while there on both, comes through much stronger with the hair pulled back than it does with the hair down. Ironically, I prefer the actress with her hair down and longer, and the braided look was actually one of my least favorite for the character. Yet, the braided version is the one that works best for me all around here (just in terms of head sculpt). In addition to the likeness coming through stronger (IMO), the motion of the braid also adds to the figure's motion and sense of swagger.

I would have better been able to justify the purchase of the snowsuit version, even at the $110 markup, because the white suit would have made a huge difference as decor. But evaluating the figures as a whole, I honestly think the black suit is the (slightly) better version of this, because of what the braid adds.
I wouldn't say it's better but it's clear the headsculpt is designed for the black version, they need to change the hair more on the white to match how it was in the film

I'm still getting the white as I think it looks great, and the black suit is not screen accurate anyway in terms of colours
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 05:51 PM   #920
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
I don't think they can change it too much anyway as the people who pre ordered already might be disappointed with any changes. I wouldn't mind tweaks to the eyes in particular

I wouldn't say it's better but it's clear the headsculpt is designed for the black version, they need to change the hair more on the white to match how it was in the film

I'm still getting the white as I think it looks great, and the black suit is not screen accurate anyway in terms of colours
Yeah, I think that's probably how these developed too.

Had the white suit gone up at Spec anytime within the first seven days, that's the one I would have ordered.
I'm a glass half full kind of guy, and while I've always liked the the sense of motion the braid adds, I doubt I would have been second guessing that decision any.
I already have a black suit BW with the Gentle Giant one. The white would have been (still would be) a more justified purchase overall.
And here's the thing- had I ordered the white I'd be anticipating that much more now than I am the black, because it's more radically different from what I already have. It would almost be like getting a new character altogether, not just a different version of the same.

At the time I ordered the black, I thought I was gonna suck it up and order both like Jeff said he was. I just don't have any stomach for that now.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote