Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-24-2022, 10:46 PM   #471
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3xAsFi3nd View Post
TBH, I'm surprised you haven't made that decision yet. Why are you on the fence about keeping this statue if you don't mind my asking? For me personally, this is a keeper. Is it perfect? No, but it's close enough and the best 1/3 TDK Joker to date IMO. I'd say atleast open it and check it out, if you haven't already done so. It's definitely on another level when you see it in person.
I'm still on the fence as well because there are a lot of crappy photos out there and there are some good ones. The hair still looks really iffy for me. I will be waiting to see this in hand before deciding to sell mine though.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 11:10 PM   #472
Don
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
Even if you don't display it, it's an expensive piece so you should check it out and make sure there aren't any issues with it before too much time passes.
This is a very good recommendation. Almost had problems a couple of times--I was too busy then came back later and found a problem after quite some time. Fortunately, the vendor(s) worked with me and I was able to get the issues resolved. But at least checking even if you don't display is definitely a good idea.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 11:28 PM   #473
pdenham
Teen Titans

Yeah, statues aren't like media where they hold a higher value if they remain in their shrinkwrap. I would never buy an after-market statue that wasn't opened and inspected prior to listing.

From breakage to paint apps, there are a lot of things that can be a problem with these and the cost is too high to leave it all to chance.

As far as this piece goes, I guess my superpower is that I don't give a schlitz about Batman or the Nolan films anymore- because to me, this looks freaking phenomenal.
I can understand finding details here and there that aren't 100% accurate. But when the aggregate effect is this close...I don't know what to say.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 08:24 AM   #474
French Cancan
Deadman

Just saw a review of it. Very expensive for just a silicone head. Mixed media and pvc body can't justify such a price. More than 2,5k ( euros ) for a French collector for example...
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 09:09 AM   #475
ukshaun
Hercules

For sometime i kept seeing a hint of someone else in the portrait other than Heath Ledger
Today it struck me. Dr Hilary Jones, a doctor that appears on breakfast TV here in the UK

LOADING: Image(s)

I think it's the eye's and eye-brow structure. So some degree his mouth.
Sure, his nose is larger.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 10:58 AM   #476
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Next we'll be saying he looks like Emily Blunt.....it's nice to see the usual tire kickers out in force.

Maybe they'll spend time trolling this Joker thread, and won't bother darkening the Mera thread.....wishful thinking, I know.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 11:02 AM   #477
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
Just saw a review of it. Very expensive for just a silicone head. Mixed media and pvc body can't justify such a price. More than 2,5k ( euros ) for a French collector for example...
Not sure what your point is. There is nothing that needs to be "justified". This statue has sold out, so those that bought it had enough justification to do so.

Your analysis of this statues "value proposition", apart from being - what? 2 years too late, is pretty much a moot point.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 11:24 AM   #478
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Next we'll be saying he looks like Emily Blunt.....it's nice to see the usual tire kickers out in force.

Maybe they'll spend time trolling this Joker thread, and won't bother darkening the Mera thread.....wishful thinking, I know.
The difference is that mera looks like mera, I predict no criticism of that sculpt
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 11:25 AM   #479
RPG_FAN128
Mephisto

Personally what convinced me was seeing all of the P1 Joker pics and videos (and no, not the obvious horrible P1 Joker pics) to realize I definitely wouldn't pay $1,500 for that. I did like the pose a tad bit better -- holding a joker card with a smirk. But the QC just wasn't there. However with the JND pics and videos that the community here kindly made and posted -- I knew I would love this in my collection.

Everyone is going to have different thresholds. I know people who think it's a waste of money to spend $50 on a Nendoroid. (Which ironically these days are usually no cheaper than $60, but can range even into the $80-90 range) I roll my eyes at million dollar paintings that are no image at all, but just paint splattered onto the canvas. THAT is worth millions? Sign me up I should make some of those paintings myself.
RPG_FAN128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 12:29 PM   #480
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Not sure what your point is. There is nothing that needs to be "justified". This statue has sold out, so those that bought it had enough justification to do so.

Your analysis of this statues "value proposition", apart from being - what? 2 years too late, is pretty much a moot point.
Ok, I specify, for your eyes only...
Just saw a review of it. Very expensive for just a silicone head. Mixed media and pvc body can't justify such a price FOR ME. More than 2,5k ( euros ) for a French collector for example...
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote