Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-18-2022, 02:45 PM   #11
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

As far as i know Moon Knight doesn't have any super powers. He is an insane vigilante, got multiple personalty disorder. He was ex military. But How Moon Knight's costume magically wraped around his body in the trailer. That was proof of he had super natural super powers in the show, unlike comics. Was his God Kanushu ever real in any run ? and i don't see any military connection in the trailer. I don't like the costume in the trailer. Moon Knight's costume looks mumified and too busy.

I always liked how Dennis O'neil feed on Moon Knight when he was creating Azrael in Batman. I also always thought Moon Knight would make an awesome Batman character and loved Azrael and Azbat for that.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 03:44 PM   #12
Mister H
Gen 13

Moon Knight is one of my favorite characters in Marvel. Mainly because he's Batman. Don't like the suit in this show. Way too cosplay looking for me.

At one point in the character's history, he had enhanced strength when the moon was out. A power he recieved from Khonshu. Don't know if he still has that or not.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 03:49 PM   #13
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I always really like the character
I do think that the trailer did leave you asking enough questions and definitely would peak your curiosity in wanting those questions answered (some trailers do not)
Just out of curiosity is anybody reading the current moon knight series? I read Jeff Lemire’s run and I liked it it was very very different from your typical costume to superhero series but I have not been reading this current one
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 01:47 PM   #14
SDguy

Terrible related news:

French actor Gaspard Ulliel, who is set to appear in Marvel's forthcoming TV series Moon Knight, has died aged 37.

His family told news agency AFP he died on Wednesday following a skiing accident in the Alps.

Ullie, one of France's best-known actors, has appeared in It's Only the End of the World and Saint Laurent, the biopic of the French fashion designer.

The actor was skiing in the Savoie region when he collided with another, suffering a severe brain trauma.

The news of his death came just a day after the trailer for Moon Knight, which he stars in as Midnight Man, was released online.

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/news/other...l3OpGVhGifPOgg
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 02:08 PM   #15
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Wow, very sad to hear.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 02:54 PM   #16
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

RIP, he was at the same age as me. :/
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 07:55 AM   #17
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

I thought this trailer was horrible and had no clue what was happening in it.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 09:15 AM   #18
Demona
Martian Manhunter

That is terrible news about Gaspard!! Skiing is no joke when you're good at it and can really keep a speed. I like to think at least he died doing something he enjoyed. Doesn't make it any easier on his family, but there is that.

And I knew I had seen his face before when I saw the trailer - he was a male model for Chanel.

Black Cat - I do believe that was the point. Chaos. Give the show a chance, you might like it
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 09:18 AM   #19
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

Black Cat - I do believe that was the point. Chaos. Give the show a chance, you might like it
I will still give it a try. I mean I did with Hawkeye and enjoyed that one.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 10:25 AM   #20
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I don't think there have been any real duds of these miniseries. Just some are more liked than others. For me, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier wasn't always the best, but I did like it.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote