Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 04-14-2024, 02:39 AM   #171
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

I'm planning to order this, I'm just waiting to see what QS does with the ES. If they plan to decrease the ES significantly, I'll PO. If not, it would be better to wait until it's in stock.

I honestly thought JND would be the last company to lower their prices, considering the demographic they attempt to cater to. Good to know that the market isn't carried by a small group of wealthy collectors, but by the masses of regular income collectors.

I also think it's strange QS didn't see this coming. The market went down the gutter months ago, very few pieces are selling out nowadays, especially if they're on the more expensive side.
But did JND truly lower their pricing structure, or is just marketing?

I’ve preordered the MP Catwoman, but look at the main single piece objectively. It’s not a full silicone head sculpt, and it has no rooted hair. Those two things alone accounts for a significant price saving. Frankly, imo the piece is overpriced now. It only seems to be a bargain, because of what some of us have spent on pieces from JND where they have gone all out.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 03:37 AM   #172
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post

I?ve preordered the MP Catwoman, but look at the main single piece objectively. It?s not a full silicone head sculpt, and it has no rooted hair. Those two things alone accounts for a significant price saving. Frankly, imo the piece is overpriced now. It only seems to be a bargain, because of what some of us have spent on pieces from JND where they have gone all out.
I agree, but we won't know for sure until john wick comes out. The license might be cheaper compared to DC or Marvel. If they keep Wick at or lower than the 1/3 ledger Joker, that should be fair imo. I wonder how it compares to have high end tailoring on the jnd to a big silicone hulk body.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 03:46 AM   #173
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

I'm planning to order this, I'm just waiting to see what QS does with the ES. If they plan to decrease the ES significantly, I'll PO. If not, it would be better to wait until it's in stock.

I honestly thought JND would be the last company to lower their prices, considering the demographic they attempt to cater to. Good to know that the market isn't carried by a small group of wealthy collectors, but by the masses of regular income collectors.

I also think it's strange QS didn't see this coming. The market went down the gutter months ago, very few pieces are selling out nowadays, especially if they're on the more expensive side.
Yep, that's smart for sure. If they lowered it to something crazy, i think fomo would kick in really quick on this one. If the ES got dropped to less than a 100, I might even bite the bullet and just go for it.

If you follow the jnd groups, it's such a small group of people that constantly post and praise everything in there. I think their 1/6 line is already DOA, so they had to do something to at least make it look like they are changing for the better of the collector. We'll see how long it lasts.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 02:10 PM   #174
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post

I?ve preordered the MP Catwoman, but look at the main single piece objectively. It?s not a full silicone head sculpt, and it has no rooted hair. Those two things alone accounts for a significant price saving. Frankly, imo the piece is overpriced now. It only seems to be a bargain, because of what some of us have spent on pieces from JND where they have gone all out.

I made the same observations about the single CW's pricing, but since I'm not interested in the character, I decided not to be too vocal about it. Admittedly, it's a clever marketing tactic on JND's part.

I just went back and checked the prices of their previous duos, and yeah, not much of a price decrease on this.

As azurepred said, John Wick, if that is their next release will show whether or not JND's statement was just a marketing ploy.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote