Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-08-2014, 06:01 PM   #11
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEYE View Post
I too would never buy it. So as far as affecting value goes, it is at least 2 people passing on purchasing.

If you put it up for sale, you'll get low ball offers. People who may buy may be customizers who don't care if it is damaged since they'll be modifying it.
Yea I wouldn't buy it either. Even if it gets to me unharmed, then there is the issue of me packaging it up when I need to make space or move or w/e.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 06:14 PM   #12
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

I buy quite a few original props that were custom made and therefore have never had the kind of foam that most statues come with. But despite being very breakable and traveling long distances (internationally) I'm yet to have an issue.

That's because the shippers first wrap each part of each item in thin non abrasive pieces of cloth. Then tape bubble wrap around that, then more bubble wrap and then place the item in a very sturdy box completely surrounded by foam peanuts. No rubs, no breaks and even if it's dropped it can absorb plenty of impact.

Can't guarantee it will work, but I've never had a breakage yet from these guys. The only down side is that you have to be extremely careful unwrapping it, and if the receiver gets a little impatient then you can end up with damage.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote