Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-05-2014, 12:10 PM   #4341
Yoda III.
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Hi Frank, Hi Chris,

got all your messages. Thank you.

Just a few more Questions

Are there any Aspen blank Covers for Fathom, Soulfire and/or Kiani available at the moment ? I would like to buy a few of them, but all the olders ones are impossible to find.

Is there any chance that Aspen will be at one of the European comic cons in the next 2 years ( e.g. London Super Comic Con)

Is there a current for-sale list of Michael Turners oroginal art ? I found only the old one from the aspen message board via google cache ?

Thanks,
Enrico
Yoda III. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:02 PM   #4342
frankm
Aspen Comics
Producer

Enrico,

Not positive on the blank covers. I'll check the studio on Monday and see if Chris has any. We'll let you know.

We were originally planning on heading to London in 2015 but now we have a different international trip we'll be doing in early summer. It hasn't been announced yet but it isn't in Europe so we won't be in that neck of the woods just yet. Getting to Lucca in Italy is something we'd like to do soon too so hopefully we'll be there in the near future.

Shoot me an email to frank@aspencomics.com and I'll forward you the current updated Turner art list. Thanks!
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:58 PM   #4343
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I am sorry, but I just have a HUGE problem with the whole "people like to tear us down" nonsense, as if to suggest that Aspen is some sort of victim here and that we get some sort of enjoyment out of making these kinds of posts. Were the victims here Frank, not Aspen. What people like to do on these forums is actually collect prints and statues. Thats why people are here.

Here is an idea Frank, why don't you actually try and do something about all of the complaints and all of the negativity? Here is exactly what I would do if I were in your position:

#1 - I would get rid of all of your unethical and abusive business practices including the trickle releasing of new DC/Marvel prints. I would start conducting business like a retailer, not a second hand seller.

#2 - I would lower your prices back down to a reasonable level ($29.99 to $39.99 for prints).

#3 - I would swear to never issue another recolor/reprint ever again. I would go back to Aspen's original methodology for selling prints, that being the original release and a possible OP print at a later date. Thats it, period. I would put that in writing, right up on Aspen's website.

#4 - I would mail out some free DC/Marvel prints to everyone, as a way of apologizing for the fact that the DC/Marvel prints were misrepresented as limited editions when they were in fact open editions.

#5 - Instead of getting defensive and denying any wrong doing, I would issue a formal apology to every last collector out there for the reckless and irresponsible business decisions that have had such an adverse effect on the Aspen print market. I would then promise to do a much better job in the future.

You do those 5 things and there is actually a chance that Aspen could turn things around. Address the problems, take responsibility for the mistakes, and offer up some freebies as a way of moving forward. Even I would be tempted to come back if you honestly took such steps. Of course, we both know you won't do any of these things, let alone all of them. You will continue on as you have and Aspen will continue to go down the toilet, which is all fine and dandy. Just stop pretending like Aspen is some sort of victim here and is being unfairly judged. You made this bed and now you get to lie in it.

Walking away without letting Image know you were unhappy accomplished absolutely nothing. Don't get me wrong, if you don't want to take the time to let a company know what they were doing wrong and why you ultimately stopped buying their merchandise than that is certainly your right, but to expect everyone else to follow in your footsteps....well, that just isn't going to happen. I have always been active in regards to giving proper feedback to the various companies that I support and most companies are thankful for such feedback. In fact, many companies pay good money to acquire that kind of information. I actually sent out 2 such emails earlier today, one to Best Buy and one to Amazon. I thanked Best Buy for one of the smoothest Black Friday sales I have ever seen and I complained to Amazon as I received an art book earlier today that had a different cover than the one advertised on Amazon's website, the 3rd time that has happened in the last couple of months. Again, if you don't want to take the time to give proper feedback to the companies you support than that is your choice, just don't expect everyone to follow in your footsteps.

As for Aspen, I will be the first to admit that they have great customer service, but that doesn't even begin to make up for everything that has gone down the last 2 years. Not even close. As for reprints, the people who support such practices are ALWAYS the people that wind up benefitting from them. And I guarantee you would feel very differently about Aspen's business methods if you were sitting in my position right now. That much I can guarantee.

It's great to post your opinions, but realize you don't speak for everyone. I personally like some of the recolored variant prints, and since I'm not the kind of person that's willing to pay crazy $$ to scalpers/flippers/opportunists for a single print on the secondary market, I appreciate the opportunity to obtain a nice Michael Turner piece at a reasonable price. You need to remember that they are a company that's trying to stay afloat in a tough market, so don't begrudge them making decisions that serve their interests. Since your big concern is the value of your collection dropping, remember that if Aspen goes under, you'll REALLY see the value of your prints drop.
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:12 AM   #4344
Yoda III.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankm View Post
Enrico,

Not positive on the blank covers. I'll check the studio on Monday and see if Chris has any. We'll let you know.
Thank you. That would be really great. Maybe you could produce some new blanks next year, e.g. as variant of aspen splash 2015.

Quote:
We were originally planning on heading to London in 2015 but now we have a different international trip we'll be doing in early summer. It hasn't been announced yet but it isn't in Europe so we won't be in that neck of the woods just yet. Getting to Lucca in Italy is something we'd like to do soon too so hopefully we'll be there in the near future.
London 2015 would have been amazing, but in early summer there is also the international comic-salon in Erlangen, Germany ( June 19.-22.)
http://www.comic-salon.de/

Maybe there is a chance for a stopover

Quote:
Shoot me an email to frank@aspencomics.com and I'll forward you the current updated Turner art list. Thanks!
Done. Thank you
Old 12-08-2014, 11:56 AM   #4345
Yoda III.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspenStore View Post
Hello Enrico,

Been too long since I have been on these boards. Sorry for missing out on some of this thread.

Not sure what is going with the shipping, if you can save the order I can look into it better. Save without paying. Just send me the order number to my email.
Somehow, we will figure this out together.

Also, for flat rate international large box, in other words to hold 115 books would take at least three boxes at the cost of $80.50 per box (before insurance), based on USPS prices, https://www.usps.com/business/prices.htm
So if you order that many books the pricing of $186 doesn't seem that far off.

I am looking into this more. I wish we had other options for shipping internationally, and if I have missed something please let me know as I and you (and lots of others) would like a better shipping rate.

I am here to help.
Also, let me know if you got the messages from earlier.

Thank You,
Chris
Hi Chris,

I didn't find the combination with the $70 shipping costs again, but I have a saved card on my account with 18 comics and $60 on shipping costs.

I also have one with 99 comic books and $145 for shipping.

Is it possible that there are no weight or really different weight information on some of the books which lead to these differed shipping costs ?

I checked several shipping companys and options and it seems that I could send a package of 20 lbs and dimensions of 20inch x 16inch x 16inch to Germany via a third party service for ~$95 via DHL Express.

I am not quite sure but I think a package of this size an weight should be suitable for 40-50 comic books.

Maybe you could check whether the DHL.com for business could be an alternative to usps.com.

Thanks,
Enrico
Old 12-08-2014, 12:08 PM   #4346
rottencat
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

grace is up
rottencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 03:18 PM   #4347
AspenStore
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hello Enrico,

Currently any blank covers for Fathom and Soulfire are only available as part of the sketches that were offered when you ordered (I believe) 100 copies of 10for10 #1. I do know Alex is working on the Fathom ones now in between his next project.

As to Kiani, I don't believe we produced one.

Anything else, just let me know.

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda III. View Post
Hi Frank, Hi Chris,

got all your messages. Thank you.

Just a few more Questions

Are there any Aspen blank Covers for Fathom, Soulfire and/or Kiani available at the moment ? I would like to buy a few of them, but all the olders ones are impossible to find.

Is there any chance that Aspen will be at one of the European comic cons in the next 2 years ( e.g. London Super Comic Con)

Is there a current for-sale list of Michael Turners oroginal art ? I found only the old one from the aspen message board via google cache ?

Thanks,
Enrico
AspenStore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 10:17 PM   #4348
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

I have been sending Top Cow emails for years begging them to release some of Turner's Withcblade work as limited edition prints. They released a few back in the day, but not many and they were extremely limited. Anyways, I always pop onto Top Cows website a couple times a year, just to see if they happen to release any. Imagine my surprise when I logged on last week only to see that they have in fact come out with some 20th anniversary Witchblade prints. 2 have been released thus far and there will be 12 in total.

Here are the first 2:

Not to mention, they released a print at this years SDCC that was a Turner/Silvestri Print. Not sure how that one got by me.

So basically there are 3 Turner prints currently available. They are limited to 50 and the cost is $20 bucks a print. Top Cow is currently having a 25% off year end sale so the cost only comes out to be $15.00 a print. Gotta love that!!

Here are the links in case anyone is interested:

http://www.thetopcowstore.com/Produc...tCode=WBANN001

http://www.thetopcowstore.com/Produc...NN002&CartID=1

http://www.thetopcowstore.com/Produc...tCode=WBDKSDCC

Anyways, I figured I would post it up here in case some collectors in here didn't know about these prints yet. I know I didn't until last week. There are only 14 copies left of the B&W version so I would jump on them now if your interested.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 10:36 PM   #4349
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Actually, I just logged on to Top Cow's website to place another order for some comics and I see they have released the 3rd anniversary print for Witchblade and unfortunately, its not a Michael Turner print. I was really hoping all 12 prints would be Turner prints, but I guess that just isn't the case. The 3rd print is basically a holiday/XMas print:

Oh well, some is better than none! Hopefully this will be one of the few exceptions, although now that I think about it, if its a print series celebrating the 20th anniversary of Witchblade, they might want to include a bunch of different artists, those whose work has been instramental in the series. That doesn't bode too well for Turner prints making up the majority of the series. Well, hopefully well at least get a couple more. So many quality choices for Turner too!!
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:48 PM   #4350
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

Aspen, is the Fathom BOXING DAY 2014 LIMITED PRINT supposed to be priced $10 off at $49? It debuted today but was priced at the full $59.
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote